cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Petrowsky
Newcomer

Instant Replay slowly eating up more and more VRAM until games become unplayable

I have an ASUS Dual 6700XT and I've had tons of minor issues on and off with it ever since I got it about 2-3 years ago, but right now the only noticeable problem it has is Instant Replay keeps using/allocating more and more VRAM until it fills up the 12gb buffer and gaming performance takes a nosedive. This is an issue that's popped up multiple times over the last few months and never really went away (I'm unsure because it usually only happens/becomes noticeable after the system is on for at least an hour, maybe even more).

Petrowsky_1-1721068524226.png

This is F1 24 after and before turning off Instant Replay. It "only" appears to use up around 4 gigabytes in the screenshot, but I've seen the VRAM use go from 12gbs on the desktop (even after closing everything) all the way down to 3-4gbs after turning IR off. My recording settings are fairly demanding at 1440p 120hz 50Mb/s, but replay is limited to 2 minutes, and recordings only take up around ~717 MBs. The weird thing is, this barely seems to be an issue for a good while after turning Instant Replay on as it usually uses less than 1-2 gbs of VRAM as it probably should, but eventually it always starts creeping up until it reaches 12 gigs. Proof of the recording settings:

Petrowsky_2-1721069128659.png

I'm on Windows 11 23H2 and have the latest GPU drivers as of right now (24.6.1), but it's been happening for months or potentially even longer, so it doesn't seem to depend on the driver version. I'm also pairing it with a 5700X and 32gbs of DDR4, if that matters.

0 Likes
0 Replies