cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sur6e
Elite

Installing unsigned monitor driver

I updated to Windows 11 22H2 and couldn't install my Samsung G7 monitor driver anymore. Device manager showed it as generic monitor. I found that this is because it is only accepting signed drivers. I'm guessing there are plenty that aren't signed by the manufacturer so others may run into this. 

I have found it to be important to install the correct monitor driver for proper operation like color profile, refresh rates, etc.  If you have this problem with installing your driver you can do this:

hold shift while you click restart, and then make your way to the advanced startup options. There you'll get a list of options and I think it's #7 that lets you start Windows without enforcing signed drivers. You can then install your driver and reboot normally. 

When you change GPU drivers or run DDU or AMD cleanup utility or check the reset box during GPU driver install, any or most of those situations can cause a monitor driver to get removed as well. You'll want to reinstall it after. 

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
1 Reply
Vynski
Exemplar

That is why I try to stay with name brand devices.  Although some good devices are not name brand and Microsoft needs to fix this problem or lose customers to Linux.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes