cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lazarusmagni
Adept III

Re: Really nice of you AMD! (A10-5750M and HD 8970M)

I absolutely do meet the requirements. I have the exact same setup as everyone else here.

0 Likes
lazarusmagni
Adept III

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this when I have time, and report back what happens.

0 Likes
jamesxx
Adept II

Hmm, I expected that using AMDCleanupUtility will fix Radeon Settings because I was told so but no more have notebook to test. However fullscreen bug was persistent for everybody. It is very good if that also fixes it but could you doblecheck that Youtube uses avc instead of vp9 (right clickShow info for experienced users) and if Firefox has hardware acceleration checkbox is turned on in Advanced>General?

0 Likes
ubilada
Adept II

I've been trying to keep my Crimson version and drivers up-to-date since I bought my laptop. I've never had any issues about fullscreen so far. I'm not sure what causes it and what needs to be done to overcome with it to be honest.

I've just checked the youtube video settings in several videos and all of them had "vp9". In Firefox settings, hardware acceleration option is checked.

If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help!

0 Likes
jamesxx
Adept II

Yea, vp9 can not be hardware accelerated so you can't judge if you have that bug by it.
You can go to about:config and set media.mediasource.webm.enabled to false, then try video on youtube, it should be avc now. You always can change back that to true.

0 Likes
foxlewa
Journeyman III

Not very computer savy, but I've tried to do with AMDmatt provided with no success. Before i did, my AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M display adapter would crash with a code 43 error. I couldn't find a fix as I searched I came across this. I did what AMDMatt posted, deleting the amd drivers and installing the beta, then restarting, then installing the final set. Now my AMD Radeon HD 8650G has a code 43 error  while my HD8970M is just disabled (Code 22)computer error.png

So how do I go about fixing this so I can actually get back to my gaming.

0 Likes
ubilada
Adept II

I'm not sure about what to do in your situation, but you can try the solution I've just updated for Crimson Relive 16.2.2 Edition. It is about 7 comments above.

Please do these steps from the beginning and let me know if it works out for you!

0 Likes
heroutm
Adept II

Hello.

Do you think that it will also work with HP Probook 455 G1? I have to try it!

I have AMD A10-5750M with build in HD8650G and linked HD8750M graphic and I got stuck with AMD Crimson 16.2.1 Beta for one year. I must say it is two years old laptop, but AMD decided to end support for one year old laptop.

The problem is that HD8750M supports even DX12 apps with Intel CPUs and it supports even ReLive edition drivers (it is GCN based GPU). But with AMD A10-5750M and its HD8650G I'm unable to install newer drivers than 16.2.1 Legacy Beta version because of unsupported HD8650G. I hate AMD for this! This is 2 years old laptop and after one year of use we were unable to update graphic drivers for HD8750M. I will think a lot about buing next laptom from you AMD..

0 Likes
mcpokey
Journeyman III

Thanks for this. My laptop is no longer a expensive paperweight.

There was one little issue though...the AMD Gaming Evolved app still installed itself even after I checked the box to NOT install it. Strange.

However, it works so I'm just leaving it alone.

Games that wouldn't even load before, work, so I am very happy.

AMD however, you've lost me as a customer after this laptop dies.

Looking at some sites today, I've noticed that this configuration is STILL for sale out there.

Talk about destroying your future customer base...

0 Likes
heroutm
Adept II

It actually works! Thank you.

I just had to configure policies for drivers installation because I got this error: Installation of this device is forbidden by system policy.

I made these steps: 4.1 Configuring Policies for Device Installation and installation of CRIMSON 16.12.2 worked. I followed your steps and now I have 2 different drivers in my system. Old CRIMSON 16.2.1 Beta for HD8650G with CNext - Radeon Settings (CNext needed to be reinstalled) and new CRIMSON 16.12.2 for my HD8750M.

Device manager reports different version of drivers like GPU-Z. DXDIAG repots DX12 on main screen, on second tab it repor HD8650G+HD8750M DualGraphic WDDM1.3 drivers with DirectX 11.2 support. I don't have any problems, everything works, even Dual Graphic. I dan't have fullscreen blackscreen video problem.

I will post screenshots later.

Thanks again,

Michael.