cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Luizgustv
Journeyman III

incompatibility with AMD adrenaline drivers

hello, I ask for help with my computer that is suffering from a problem using AMD drivers. My computer is an Acer a315-23g that simply when I download the AMD adrenaline drivers it limits the CPU to 0,40GHz, it has an AMD RADEON 625, RYZEN 5 and a VEGA 8

0 Likes
1 Solution

Then you will need to download your laptop's OEM AMD Driver from your laptop Support driver download page since it is 100% compatible with your laptop.

If it is very outdated then you need to download your Ryzen 5 APU AMD driver that will install both your GPU card and IGPU drivers at the same time.

Plus make sure you have the latest laptop BIOS and CHIPSET versions installed and your Windows if fully updated via Windows update.

Since you didn't give detailed hardware information it is hard to direct you to the correct AMD driver that is compatible.

NOTE: This seems to be Acer Support for your laptop download page: https://www.acer.com/ca-en/support/product-support/Aspire%20A315-23G/downloads

Screenshot 2023-09-04 154418.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Then you will need to download your laptop's OEM AMD Driver from your laptop Support driver download page since it is 100% compatible with your laptop.

If it is very outdated then you need to download your Ryzen 5 APU AMD driver that will install both your GPU card and IGPU drivers at the same time.

Plus make sure you have the latest laptop BIOS and CHIPSET versions installed and your Windows if fully updated via Windows update.

Since you didn't give detailed hardware information it is hard to direct you to the correct AMD driver that is compatible.

NOTE: This seems to be Acer Support for your laptop download page: https://www.acer.com/ca-en/support/product-support/Aspire%20A315-23G/downloads

Screenshot 2023-09-04 154418.png

0 Likes

So that fixed it for a while but I was just playing minecraft but when I opened cs:go and skyrim the CPU was capped at 0.40 GHz 20% my CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx I don't I remember if I said it but when I uninstalled the drivers it went back to normal the bios version is 1.20 and it has 1.21 but it doesn't make up for it because it only improves the internet connection and the risk of my bad cable

0 Likes

If you are using Acer's own OEM AMD Driver and still are having problems I suggest you open a ACER SUPPORT ticket and asked them. It might be a BIOS issue or possibly the APU is overheating thus it is throttling to keep it cool.

I also suggest your open a ACER Forum thread and ask someone there. They might be having the same issue with a fix or at least an explanation.

0 Likes