cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cody12o
Journeyman III

Improving AMD's ADRENALINE RE:LIVE Software

I have some suggestions & ideas that I think would be good for improving AMD Adrenaline / Re:Live Recording Software. 

In honesty, I haven't really used it much solely because reasons I will explain in this page. The recording software I have used mostly is OBS Studio.

Understanding though that when it comes to most applications and other resources nowadays, they tend to support & work better with Intel + NIVIDIA.

I think if AMD's Dev Team could work on and refine AMD Adrenaline / Re:Live that would really encourage others to use AMD Adrenaline / Re:Live and also purchase AMD products. 

Now, I shall get into my ideas & suggestions.

1. The indicator element option which shows you that your recording is quite useful. However, the issue is that the element source is always shown during the actual video recording. If you turn it off in the settings, it simply just doesn't show the indicator anymore. It would be nice to be able to see the indicator as you're recording but without it actually showing up in the video itself.

2. When recording, other overlays tend to show as well like the "Now Recording - Press Ctrl + Shift + E To Stop and Save" popup overlay. 

3. Selecting specific regions/windows that you want specifically recorded. It seems sometimes it works & doesn't. Bug perhaps?

4. It would be nice to have a function where like in OBS Studio you could view like a live feed of what would be recorded in real time before you actually start the recording. 

5. When selecting specific region(s) it opens up the sidebar-overlay which would then also show up in the recording. It would be nice if a box just simply popped up and you could select a specific window/source that you already have opened.

6. All I could suggest now is perhaps observe & compare things that OBS Studio has to AMD Adrenaline / Re:Live

7. Lastly, an idea is that you guys should develop an AMD-Exclusive Video Editor Software- like how AMD Adrenaline / Re:Live is exclusive. A lot of video editing software nowadays usually works best with Intel + NIVIDIA

Having a video editor software that is completely compatible, runs great specifically with AMD hardware, and has plenty of tools and resources to offer would be a HUGE one-up. 

A video editing software that I like to use is called OpenShot Video Editor which is free and open source. 

That is all I can say for now. If anyone has any other thoughts/ideas, feel free to comment n' whatnot. I hope my input here has been useful. 

0 Replies