cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

csinnis
Journeyman III

i need to update my graphics card to play satisfactory to play 1.0 but AMD is telling me im up to da

I need to update my graphics card to play satisfactory to play 1.0 but AMD is telling me I'm up to date but I'm not and it won't update. what do I do.

4 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Please:

• Search the forums for existing discussions which may contain a solution to your issue before creating a new discussion.
  • Use a title that accurately summarizes your issue. Do not use titles like “Help Me” or “Driver issue”.
  • Post your discussion in the appropriate board for a faster and more helpful response.

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
ramchyld
Elite

I'm having similar issues. Satisfactory just came out of Early Access and the game has a lot of issues on AMD GPUs, it didn't have this issue in Update 8. 

Graphics card: AMD Radeon Vega 56

Machine Type: Laptop, Acer Predator Helios 500 AMD Edition PH517-61

Driver Installed: Radeon 24.7.1 for Polaris and Vega (later downgraded to 24.3.1)

Display: AUoptronics 329D LCD Panel 1920x1080@144Hz, eDisplayPort, Freesync

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

Motherboard: Acer Proprietary, B450 chipset

BIOS Revision: InsydeH20 UEFI 1.09

Power Supply: 350w Acer

System Memory Make/Model: Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH 2400MHz, 4x8GB (32GB Total)

Issues:

1. Satisfactory displays a pop-up warning that the driver has known issues with DirectX 12 and Vulkan. Says that the minimum required driver is 24.7.1 even if I am already running 24.7.1 (which AMD apparently no longer makes available).

2. In-game, graphical corruption can be observed after autosave triggers when running in DirectX 12 mode.

3. Boxes in the Inventory UI randomly flickers black when Inventory is open

4. The terminal, when open, flickers constantly. 

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

As you're probably aware, Polaris and Vega family graphics cards are on limited support, and no longer receive regular driver updates. AMD may eventually update the driver for these older cards to address issues with newly released games, or the game designer may release a patch to address compatibility. However another option would be to upgrade to a more modern card.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

If AMD would force Dell to launch the Alienware M18 R1 with Ryzen 9 8945HX CPU and Radeon RX7900M GPU in Malaysia and Singapore, I will happily buy a new computer. As noted this is an Acer Predator Helios 500 AMD Edition machine, a one off laptop with Radeon Vega 56 desktop graphics and Ryzen 7 2700 CPU. I actually paid a pretty penny to have this machine imported from the US because I have a personal beef with both Intel and NVIDIA and refuse to buy their products. The problem is Acer has not made any machine to follow up on this machine, all their subsequent machines either have underperforming integrated graphics or evil nvidia GPUs. MY machines of choice are either the Dell Alienware M18 R1 or the Framework 16 AMD Edition, both are not available in the region. And framework is even threatening to cancel orders and ban you if you try to order using a proxy service. The Dell meanwhile appears to be a limited edition and has sold out. And as noted, I refuse to buy an Intel and NVIDIA machine because they did me dirty.

0 Likes