cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

montanadoug
Journeyman III

I need help in order to ask the right question.

My primary monitor's image (even on Win10 background) jumps up and down (between 1/4 to 1/2 cm) for 1-2 seconds then remains still for approx 9 secs.  At first, the movement is over the entire screen, then each subsequent event occurs over a smaller portion of the screen.  After reducing to a very small portion of the screen, the entire sequence repeats itself.

MY QUESTION:  Is this "stutter" or should I be using a different word? 

After this is answered, I'll describe my system in more detail and why it is possibly due to an AMD driver update.

0 Likes
2 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

Might be a bugged driver from Microsofts end as some of the updates have throwing compatibility settings out. Might pay to download clean 18.4.1 driver from AMD site. Look for the program DDU run in safemode remove existing AMD drivers with a registry clean. Fire back up on basic adaptor settings & reload drivers as a clean install & try again. I would just recomend to load fresh drivers to eliminate bugged drivers issues never know.

Hardwood
Paragon

No, it's not stutter. It sounds like a sync issue. Anyhow please post your specs, give us detail on gpu, monitor and resolution and connection (HDMI/DP,DVI)

Have you tried a different monitor?

Did this happen with older drivers?

So many questions....

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes