cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AlphaCanem
Journeyman III

Huge problems with latest Adrenalin software update

Hey! MSI RX 6800 / windows 10 user here. Im getting a lot of black screen flickering after the latest Adrenalin update with different apps (web browser, very noticeable with microsoft apps, especially when I type stuff). It's really driving me crazy, anyone having the same issue or knows how to fix it?

18 Replies

Gigabyte 7800xt on Windows 11. Cant even update, it tells me my card is not supported. Previous version worked good, with some bugs and hoped i could upgrade today, but NOT!

screenshot_20-09-2023_22-34-36.png

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

RX6800XT - had issues after install as well, system become unresponsive and just freezed, had to hard reset the computer. Also noticed my cpu ( R7 5800X3d ) temp is now higher at idle it is usually on the 45 to 48 range

yurikokolev_0-1695246410093.png

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB

now is back to normal for some reason , no more issues, just works normal

yurikokolev_0-1695248321357.png

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes

Same gpu, reverting the newest driver update in device manager seemed to have fixed the performance.

BrunettesDad
Adept I

I rolled my driver back in windows and my issues stopped. I was having issues in streaming software (OBS and Streamlabs) when ever I pulled up Elgato configuration. The screen started flickering and the computer would crash. Games ran ok but would crash after 30 minutes.

Other issues showed up and I lost all my gaming profiles. All the games that used FSR2 and were overclocking was used, stopped performing like they used to. Adrenaline stopped working due to the driver being rolled back. 

Would mind AMD sending out the 23.9.1 software, I could work with that.

Forgot my set up

B550M TUF, R7 5800X3D, 32Gb 3600 MHz RAM, RX6800XT, 750W PSU

0 Likes
monguru
Adept I

Combined installation?
What was needed?
So far, my RX580 8GB card has worked without problems on Windows 10 64 bit.

I just let it update, and the "successfully installed" program disappeared.

Super...

Solved (for now)

The update installed this package:

whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.2-win10-win11-sep19-combined.exe

It should have been this:

whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.2-win10-win11-sep19-vega-polaris.exe

I am also very happy that the 3 installation options have also disappeared.

Let's develop backwards, it doesn't matter how it affects the user!

Thank you very much!
0 Likes
ChaosModel
Journeyman III

R5 3600, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Pro Plus, rx580 8gb, 32 GIG RAM.  It's been nothing but headaches on my end as well.  Driver 23.8.2 AMD Adrenaline worked fine for me, as well as the associated driver download.  It auto updated (forgot to turn that off) and it was constantly black screening, freezing, stuttering.  I rolled back drivers and everything is back to working normal...ish.  Starfield of course is now crashing whenever I zone to a new area, even w/MODS.  Would REALLY be nice if AMD got their stuff together.  I as an Intel/Nvida guy for years but made the switch due to better gaming (IMO) options but, seriously....this is getting absurd.

0 Likes
Justme76470
Journeyman III

Hey guys I have noticed an increase of flickering and also increase of heat from the processor as well< I am also freezing up as well which I have never done until this install. I am running the msi rx 6800 I am also running the  z590 carbon i7-11700 Screenshot 2023-09-21 043210.png

eric
0 Likes
geogreece
Adept I

Same here. Everything freezes. I'll rollback adrenalin until they fix it.

0 Likes
Justme76470
Journeyman III

same here this driver is garbage.

eric
0 Likes

Screenshot 2023-09-21 174310.png

eric
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Please report the issues you had so that the driver team knows. I didn't personally have any issues but those of you who have really should report them with the bug report tool or use this link https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

It's unfortunate you all are having so many issues.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

i did it my friend

0 Likes
dhanmunoz5
Adept I

Same, my screen freezing after latest Adrenalin software update.

0 Likes

it was happening more when i opened chrome,  so i used DDU and went back to the previous driver

0 Likes
Madrunzie
Journeyman III

On my Rx6950xt I am also having huge problems. Discord would just close, cyberpunk would crash before launching and the overlay would flicker. I wasn't able to pull up the interface, wile gaming with alt+R.

"FIX": deinstall the software. Its half a fix, but games will run fine. You just can't use the overlay function, but the latest graphics driver stays installed.

0 Likes