cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Horror
Journeyman III

Huge problem with FPS/Lags in AAA games.

Hello.
I got myself a brand new computer as well as a AMD RADEON RX 7900 XTX and a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, both installed correctly in my computer.

Problem is, everytime I try launching a game (like RDR2 or Sons of the forest), it's just unplayable because of how low my FPS are ! (10 to 15 FPS max) And it is also very laggy !

I also tried VR, which would normally work fine with my GPU and CPU, but no. It's unplayable too.

I tried changing the graphics for lower ones, installed the AMD Radeon software to help me manage my GPU and CPU settings, which did not help at all, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, updated them too, and it didn't work as well !
The only thing that helped just a little was to change the resolution of my games, from fullscreen to windowed with wayyy lower resolutions, which added a little bit of FPS, but even at the lowest resolution, my FPS won't go higher than 20-25 FPS. And I cannot enjoy my games if my game window is smaller than an ant ! The only games I was able to launch was website games such as Roblox. No fps drop, no lag, all fine. It's only bad when I launch AAA games or AA games.

Also, I don't know if thats normal, but while cheking for the drivers, the only amd radeon related thing is named "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics", isnt it supposed to be named the same as my graphic card ?
I am completely lost, I have searched for so many solutions only to see that nothing works. I tried overcloking my gpu, undervolting it, I also checked if my GPU was seated in a wrong way...
I really don't know what to do now, and really need help to fix this major issue.

Thank you for your time and I truly hope someone will help !!

0 Likes
2 Replies

I tried doing a clean operating system installation, didn't work, still the same problem.
I also looked at my task manager and my gpu is at 5, 6% while not playing games.
I really don't know what to do anymore.
By the way here's my config if that can help :
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24Go
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2GHz/5.0GHz)
Crucial Pro 2x16Go DDR5 5600C46
Corsair RM850e 80PLUS Gold ATX 3.0
Western Digital WD_Black SN770 1To M.2 Nvme PCIe 4.0
Corsair iCUE H100x RGB ELITE
Samsung 27'' Odyssey G5 C27G55TQBU (monitor)

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

first, we need to know if you know IT stuff or just buy most expensive computer hardware.

if you the second one, then you need to call IT guy or your IT friends to help you fix that.

If your hardware not failure, you should can play AAA game smoothly.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes