Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zggzcgy
Journeyman III

How to turn off LEDs on Linux

Hi all,

I have a Radeon 7900 XTX that works so far, except for the **bleep** LED lights. I couldn't find a 24G without LEDs, and the light was like a party at night and attracted a lot of mosquitoes.

I've searched the internet for a long time without a satisfactory answer, I've tried openRGB but it doesn't work.

Is this need niche and unsatisfying?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you very much for your advice, I've been stuck in using software and neglecting cables.

Well, below is my schematic diagram, the solution is very simple, just unplug the 4pin LED cable from the socket. There is not even a need to disassemble the machine, which should ensure the validity of the warranty.

LED_line.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
bluesadam
Elite

Linux and this type of stuff is unfortunately problematic. It's obvious you googled yourself and couldn't find a clear software that is capable of turning of the RGB, which tells me you are dead out of luck.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

This probably won't help, but if you have the right version of Linux, maybe AMD's LED software will run:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900-series/amd-rade... 

If you just want to turn the LEDs off, another (inelegant) possibility is to unplug the LED power plug on the card.  You'll probably have to figure out how to remove the shroud for your particular model.

Thank you very much for your advice, I've been stuck in using software and neglecting cables.

Well, below is my schematic diagram, the solution is very simple, just unplug the 4pin LED cable from the socket. There is not even a need to disassemble the machine, which should ensure the validity of the warranty.

LED_line.jpg

0 Likes