cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iblameroland
Journeyman III

How do I uninstall the "AMD High Definition Audio Device" driver and prevent it from reinstalling?

My headset microphone was working fine before I installed the newest AMD drivers for my laptop. I use Realtek's onboard audio drivers, so the AMD audio drivers are completely unnecessary. I only need the AMD graphics drivers.

0 Likes
10 Replies

Since I have no idea what your computer setup is If you have any speakers connected to AMD GPU then most likely in Windows Sound Panel that will be the Main Audio device which will automatically disable your Headphones connected to the Motherboard.

You need to go into Windows Sound Panel and make your Headphones with the Realtek motherboard Audio driver as the Main Audio Device. Then you will have audio in your Headphones again and all AMD Audio will be disabled until you disconnect your headphones from the motherboard Audio or USB port.

I have Bluetooth Headphones as my Main Audio Device in Sound Panel while my HDMI connected AVR Audio is disconnected from my GPU Card using my GPU Audio until I disconnect my Bluetooth Headphones.

I believe you can remove AMD Audio driver either thru Control Panel or disabling or uninstalling AMD Audio driver in Device Manager. But there really is no need to uninstall the AMD Audio driver.

Levoxyl
Adept I

It is just laptop ,no speakers. I already said deleting it from device manager doesn't work, either with ddu

0 Likes

Go to device manager and just disable it - same effect.

0 Likes

Are you reading what i typed? The trick doesn't do it. IT ALWAYS TURN ON BY ITSELF

0 Likes

Do not delete it. Disable it. Different thing.

If it actually enables itself, it is likely due to software that came with laptop. I don't see why this is important though, as you can simply choose which source you use. Unused drivers should not be a problem.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Use Amd Software Slimmer for every new GPU driver installation, and cut out packages for AMD HD Audio.

0 Likes

I thought about that too, but Windows would likely install drivers automatically...

The big question is, why get rid of the drivers in the first place.

0 Likes

Nah, these drivers go in complect with GPU and device AMD High Definition Audio appears ONLY after driver being installed. So they will not be installed authomatically without device existing

Also. You can always disable driver updates through Group Policies (gpedit.msc)

0 Likes

I meant that from Device Manager -> sound,video,game controllers ->AMD High Definiton Audio->Events it was written
[date] the device was deleted/disabled {based on what i did}
[date] device started (AtiHDAudioService)
device configured(oem44)

No idea what it means ,it was just written. I will try the gpedit.msc tho thanks

0 Likes

I literally did both I did EVERYTHING. Want the list ?
-DDU
-AMD Adrenalin uninstaller
-Talked to Microsoft Developer for hours
-Updated several window updates after i checked for updates
-Went from Windows 64x to 64x pro
-Disabled from DM
-Deleted from DM
-Deleted folders by AMD from Programs and Programs 64x to check if there is something left by Adrenalin
-Safebooted and did everything above once again
-Yes I Restarted my laptop every each time after every one of these actions
-I emptied the bin
-Ran DISM.exe  in the command prompt with admin permission
-Deleted drivers from Autorun64x.exe then restored them cause I deleted the wrong ones

0 Likes