cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

saucytutu
Journeyman III

How Do I fix video_TDR_Failure RX 5500XT-OC8GB?

Hello everyone,

I built my first my first ever PC about 2 weeks ago. Ever since I've been getting BSOD Video_TDR_failure code - atikmpag.sys. I have done a bit of research and have tried multiple methods of trying to fix this issue. It is frustrating to say the least.

PC Specs:

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (Version 3.60) (Chipset drivers v 19.10.36)

Ryzen 5 2600 - Version 20.2.2.
Gigabyte Radeon - 5500 XT OC 8GB ( Theres a Flash Bios driver F4? which I haven't downloaded yet)
G.SKillz V series - DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200MHz (Dual channel kit) CL16
Corsair TX650M - 650W 80+ gold certified
Kingston 240 GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
LG 24" PnP 75Ghz Monitor
I have Windows 10 as my OS and it is fully up to date.
The PC crashes more frequently when I am using browsers, playing Runescape, and other mild duties. The machine games fantastic with no issues. I have had it crash on me maybe 2-3 times while I game, but most of the crashes happen from the fore mentioned. It tends to get the error around 40-60 minutes. What confuses me if that I could game for hours on Borderlands, Call of Duty without any issues.
Here is what I have tried so far.
- Re-installing the driver
- Checked all drivers to ensure they are upset to date ( MOBO, BIOS, AMD)
-Changed my MOBO to UEFI from CSM
- Enabled ErP
-I have changed my PCIe from auto to Gen 3 (via BIOS)
- I removed GPU and booted computer up 1 long beep, 2 shorter beeps - signifies Graphics issue
- Moved "atikmpag.sys." from windows to AMD folder renaming old file and vice versa
- I did a windows re-install ( allowing me to keep all my prior programs)
- Scanned both HD for any errors.
- through device manager checked to see if all drivers and systems were proper.

Am I missing a driver? What can I do?

0 Likes
6 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Do you have other issue like screen freeze/black screen?  Many people said it's caused by PSU. Did you try to change your PSU?

0 Likes

keyboard and mouse locked,screen freeze.

0 Likes

No, Just a blue screen.  I have no tried changing my power supply. Why would this be caused by the PSU? (generally curious?

0 Likes
kissmaozi
Adept I

I have the same problem,games no issues。but  use browsers on Shopping website ofen get a crash,the website contain lots of videos show uploaded by buyers。keyboard and mouse locked,must reboot computer with power key.

rx5500xt

jigzaw
Elite

I know you may not be happy with this, have you tried rating your ram at 2933MHz and move from there: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600 

I have built and used R7 1700, 1700X, 2700 using G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000Mhz ram  16x2 and ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 3000 Mhz 8x2. Stable at both 2933 and 3000. I have also replaced my WX4100 and WX3100 with both Sapphire 5500XT 8 GB version. I have a 550W Gold rated Antec True Power Classic and EAG Pro. Don't play games but run KeyShot and cad. Run Unigine Heaven, Superposition, SPECViewperf 13.0, OCCT for stability test. Using dual display, Firefox browser, Windows Mail, IronCAD and occasional render.

0 Likes

I am glad to receive your warmhearted reply。the screen freeze issue seems like be solved ,I disabled the EDGE browers hardware accelerate,then i visit Shopping website intermittently which cause the crash,  from yesterday  to now the issue not occur again。pardon my English,i am not good at it。

电脑型号 华硕 All Series 台式电脑  (扫描时间:2020年05月25日)

操作系统 Windows 10 专业版 64位 ( DirectX 12 )

处理器 英特尔 Xeon(至强) E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz 四核

主板 华硕 TROOPER B85 ( Lynx Point )

内存 8 GB ( 金士顿 DDR3 1600MHz )

主硬盘 三星 SSD 860 EVO 250GB ( 250 GB / 固态硬盘 )

显卡 AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT ( 8 GB / 讯景(松景) )

显示器 HPN3603 HP 27qi ( 27.2 英寸  )

声卡 瑞昱 ALC887 @ 英特尔 Lynx Point  高保真音频

网卡 瑞昱 RTL8168/8111/8112 Gigabit Ethernet Controller / 华硕

Thank you