cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Vyathaen
Adept I

High Idle Power 7900XTX (AMD FIX THIS )

Just did some testing. I have 3 monitor configuration. 1080p60(Left) 1440p144HDR(middle) 1060p60(Right). Power Usage 54W. If I turn off Middle - power usage 11W. If I turn off Left and Right -power usage 54W. If I turn off HDR with only middle monitor - power usage 11W. If All monitors are on ,but middle is 60Hz instead of 144hz - power usage 100W. HDR Off with all monitors on -54W

Using latest drivers installed with DDU. Have had this issue since launch of the card...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Slashic
Adept II

I might be wrong, but if it's not fixed already that means it's a product conception defect and will never be.
There's no way it takes so much time to adjust memory governors at driver level for just display bandwith requirement alone, this should've been adressed long ago.

During a product conceptions, if you squeeze the "time" factor, this becomes an acceptable defect regarding the number of people likely to be hit.

Not defending AMD here, but this is how a rushed product is done and every companies does that, you just don't see it because they don't hit you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
gabevt
Adept I

This issue is already being worked on, see https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-4-2 under "Known Issues"

JMK-B
Journeyman III

It's been an known issue from practically day 1.  I have 3 1440p60 dell monitors (which i need for work) and the power draw was 110+ watts. Left it in for a couple of months (bought December) and then shoved it back in its box and replaced it with a Radeon 5700 which draws 30watts when driving all screens. Seller won't accept returns so i'm now stuck with a £1000 paper weight. I want to give AMD a chance but they need to fix this soon or at minimum keep us updated.

Anyone any ideas on any new approach to fix this? I've reinstalled windows but nothing.

AMD i'm looking at you!

Vyathaen
Adept I

There is a fix ,but its not ideal. Create custom resolutions with 1hz lower refresh rate, that fixes it but wont work with HDR.Look for Ancient Gameplays on utube he has a guide from a few days ago

0 Likes
Slashic
Adept II

I might be wrong, but if it's not fixed already that means it's a product conception defect and will never be.
There's no way it takes so much time to adjust memory governors at driver level for just display bandwith requirement alone, this should've been adressed long ago.

During a product conceptions, if you squeeze the "time" factor, this becomes an acceptable defect regarding the number of people likely to be hit.

Not defending AMD here, but this is how a rushed product is done and every companies does that, you just don't see it because they don't hit you.

0 Likes
DiabloSouls
Adept III

still nothing fixed. Useless company as amd should be ashamed, from HDR problems on TVs that arent fixed for many years to high power usage that isnt fixed. They give price as nvidia, charge a lot and give 10% of what nvidia has to offer, they dont fix anything and they dont even give anything usefull to us. I paid 1000€ for gpu that after 1 year and 2months still has freaking 110W on double monitor setup. idiots.

0 Likes