cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Grenven
Journeyman III

HELP RX6700XT Always max Vram usage on 200hz Monitor

I finally found the problem that causing the blackscreen it's the always max Vram usage with the memory voltage always at the max at 1.359V which is huge problem because its too hot and eat a lot of electricity.

I have the Red Devil RX6700XT and this morning i change the thermal paste and thermal pad also adding thermal pad to the back side of the board to the backplate and to my surprise the backplate turned very hot not even warm it's hot maybe around 90c.

I tested it by play some heavy AAA games with ultra setting the GPU temp Memory temp and the hotspot temp was very low not even hit 64c but when i checked the backplate by touching it it's clearly more than 80c then hang and crash happened i proceed to test it again it's the same the backplate was very hot and the memory was locked at 1990MHz all the time.

some fix i tried:

Following tutorial from Youtube by creating custom resolution and change the hz to 198hz with CVT Reduced Blanking then change it on W11 setting to 198hz it worked the usage was lower to 29ish but another problem the Monitor just keep turned off and on by itself also the bit depth locked at 6 bit/bpc changing to CVT only didnt worked the G Pixel clock shows [!] and error, please help i dont understand the rest of the settings and didn't want to brick my only monitor

My Monitor:

Xiaomi Redmi 30” UltraWide Curved 200hz 4ms RMMNT30HFCW

Screenshot 2023-03-28 022455.pngScreenshot 2023-03-28 022512.png

0 Likes
0 Replies