ziigh
Adept I

help! new pc driver update no signal

hi, i just got some new pc parts

intel i7 12000kf

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F

G.SKILL Trident Z5 F5-6000J3636F16GA2-TZ5K

and i an amd 6650 xt that i have on another pc

i put everything together and install win 11, it runs fine, but when i install the drivers update (automatically or with adrenaline), it does the typical driver flicker and gets no signal ever again.

i tried: recover clean up drivers, then the image returns but installing the drivers gives no signal again, installed  windows 10 , same results. i use an old nvidia gpu 550 , it updates and runs without trouble

someone have any solution? should i return the mobo?

4 Replies
ziigh
Adept I

i also updated the bios, with no changes

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Try using an older version of the AMD Radeon 6650 XT drivers.
  2. You can download older drivers from AMD's website.
  3. Try using a different driver installation method.
  4. Instead of using AMD Adrenalin to install the drivers, try installing them manually using the Device Manager.
  5. Update the BIOS for your motherboard.
  6. ASUS regularly releases BIOS updates that can fix compatibility issues and bugs.
  7. Try using a different PCI Express slot for your GPU.
  8. If you have more than one PCI Express slot on your motherboard, try moving your GPU to a different slot.
  9. Try using a different power supply.
  10. If you have a spare power supply, try using it to power your system.
  11. If your system works fine with the other power supply, then the original power supply may be defective.
  12. If you have tried all of the above and you're still having problems, then it's possible that there is a hardware defect with your GPU or motherboard.
  13. In this case, you may need to RMA the defective part or replace it altogether.

I would not recommend returning the motherboard just yet, as it is possible that the problem is with the GPU. I would try using a different GPU in your motherboard to see if that fixes the problem. If the other GPU works fine, then you can return the AMD Radeon 6650 XT.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date.
  • Try running the system in Safe Mode to see if the drivers install correctly.
  • Try disabling any antivirus or firewall software that you're using.
  • Try clearing the CMOS on your motherboard.

If you're still having problems, then I recommend contacting AMD support or ASUS support for help.

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

i tried almost all that. i think is weirdly bad mobo cause it works with the microsoft basic display. i was talking with asus for half hour they have no idea

0 Likes
PCProbs1
Adept I

You might want to try a lower resolutions and/or refresh rate - too high will cause the screen to flicker.

0 Likes