cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flaykeeboyy
Journeyman III

HELP ME

Hello, I'm making a third post about my problem since no one even replied. So my AMD Freesync Premium and AMD Enhanced Sync is broken for like half a year. I'm using MSI G244F as a monitor, and I'm using AMD Ryzen 5 5500 paired with RX 6600. So... In driver 23.12.1 something went absolutely wrong, I was using AMD Freesync Premium paired with AMD Enhanced Sync on a daily basis and it was completely fine, absolutely no stutters, tearing, flickering, whatever, just perfect. One day i was playing CS2 and i noticed tearing and stuttering and a bunch of input lag like I was using V-Sync, I certainly don't play games with V-Sync, I looked at my FPS and frame time graph and everything looked fine, stable FPS, 1% Low FPS, 0,1% FPS. I had an idea and looked at my refresh rate of my monitor, the refresh rate was bouncing all around,randomly from 48hz to 144hz, since I didn't change any driver or settings I still don't know where is the problem till this day. So I started using only AMD Freesync Premium, and when I had Freesync turned on nothing improved, tearing was still the same as with no Freesync, so it didn't matter if I had Freesync turned off or on, nothing changed a bit. I used AMD Freesync Premium with AMD Enhanced Sync, in every game I was playing with V-Sync turned off in in game settings and AMD Software too because I don't play games with V-Sync, since i don't very like V-Sync because of the added input lag. A few days after I tried to update driver to version 24.4.1, thought it would fix everything because the driver was fresh new, but it did absolutely nothing, everything was still the same, broken AMD Freesync Premium and AMD Enhanced Sync. In this driver I tried using AMD Enhanced Sync, so I played CS2 and noticed smooth image, no tearing and stuttering but something was off, it was the input lag, basically my Enhanced Sync now acts as V-Sync, smooths out the image, completely eliminates tearing but with a bunch of input lag like V-Sync. This isn't only on CS2 this is on every other game, Enhanced Sync just acts as V-Sync and AMD Freesync Premium does absolutely nothing. And yes I have everything setuped right, installed every fresh driver like chipset drivers, monitor driver and etc. but nothing worked. I don't know if the problem is in my monitor or GPU because I literally tried everything that i could to try to fix this problem.

I didn't contacted AMD Support yet directly so if anyone can write e-mail of AMD Support I would be glad.

0 Likes
0 Replies