cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ozsupernova
Journeyman III

Help! I updated my drivers and now Graphics Cards won't work (unable to roll back)

I updated my Graphics Drivers today using the Adrenaline Auto Detect & Update software (I know pretty dumb, right? - should have known better ).

And now Windows stops the device(s) because it has reported problems (Code 43)

ozsupernova_0-1628231415522.png

ozsupernova_1-1628231456002.png

ozsupernova_2-1628231552946.png

To make matters worse, I am unable to roll back my drivers to the ones that worked.

Please help me get my Graphics working properly again.

Running Win 10 x64 (fully updated)

on a

Dell Inspiron 15-5576 (fully updated BIOS)

Thank you. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owennk
Adept I

Re: Help! I updated my drivers and now Graphics Cards won't work (unable to roll back)

Download DDU uninstaller off the net and use it to get rid of the drivers and then reinstall a different one.

Its easy enough. Good luck

0 Likes
ozsupernova
Journeyman III

Re: Help! I updated my drivers and now Graphics Cards won't work (unable to roll back)

Thank you for your response Owennk. I have no problems uninstalling the drivers. AMD actually supplies a cleanup utility...

That still leaves the question of which Drivers do I install after the uninstall?

The ones that Adrenaline tries to install don't seem to work properly.

I even tried to manually install some older builds but they gave the same problem.

0 Likes
ozsupernova
Journeyman III

Anyone?? 

0 Likes
Owennk
Adept I

Hi,

I would only install drivers manually, I never ask adrenaline to pick the most suitable.

I have a 6800 gpu so nothing like yours.

I use DDU simply because some people say that it is more thorough than the amd cleanup utility.

I try each new driver that amd put out but so far the one that works best for me is 21.3.2 so I keep going back to it.

In your situation I would go back  to 20.11.2 , that seems to be the oldest driver available on the amd website.

Good luck

0 Likes