cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tyobian
Journeyman III

Helo, I wanna ask something. I have this Asus X555dg with APU AMD FX-8800p and Radeon R8 M350dx. I installed the driver with catalyst driver from the CD. Then I use Speccy application to see the graphic driver, it's written R8 M350dx graphic card. Then I

Helo, I wanna ask something.
I have this Asus X555dg with APU AMD FX-8800p and Radeon R8 M350dx.
I installed the driver with catalyst driver from the CD.
Then I use Speccy application to see the graphic driver, it's written R8 M350dx graphic card.
Then I update the driver into the latest Crimson driver.
Then I open Speccy, the graphic card changed to R5 M330.
Why this happens?
Does R8 M350dx consist of R7 and R5 graphic card?

Does Crimson doesn't support dual graphic setting? There was dual graphic setting before on Catalyst.

I'm newbie on AMD, thankyou everyone.
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Re: Helo, I wanna ask something. I have this Asus X555dg with APU AMD FX-8800p and Radeon R8 M350dx. I installed the driver with catalyst driver from the CD. Then I use Speccy application to see the graphic driver, it's written R8 M350dx graphic card. The

Yes it is two GPUs working together to make a R8.  As long as both are shown as enabled you shouldn't have any problems regardless of what they get called in the device manager.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Helo, I wanna ask something. I have this Asus X555dg with APU AMD FX-8800p and Radeon R8 M350dx. I installed the driver with catalyst driver from the CD. Then I use Speccy application to see the graphic driver, it's written R8 M350dx graphic card. The

As above.

If you remove the CD drivers using DDU, then install the latest Crimson 16.7.3 and check the name, it may correct itself.

If that does not work, try downloading the Asus AMD drivers hosted on their website here > X555DG | Notebooks | ASUS Global

DDU the existing drivers, install the Asus AMD drivers and check the name.

0 Kudos