JMR1988
Journeyman III

Helldivers 2 Game Crashing

My system:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor, RAM 32,0 GB, GPU
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT.

Windows 11

Game: Helldivers 2 .

I can play the game for 10 minutes or 2 hours then the game crashes.

I then get a black screen and the game and the AMD software restart.

I tried it with many different graphics settings. Whether high or low, it crashes all the time

53 Replies
VelcroSnake
Adept I

Have you tried forcing the game to run in DX11 mode? I've been running with the 24.2.1 drivers, DX11 mode forced and max settings with no issues on my 7900 XTX.

0 Likes
NightmareFlux
Journeyman III

I still have these Issues in alot of games where I wouldnt even expect is like "Stalcraft" which a toaster could run...

Probably wont buy another amd gpu in the future. Its really depressing how many issues I have with the graphics card. I unfortunately even get amd driver timeouts with fragmenting sometimes. Especially if playing Helldivers 2, which I get disconnected from every 5 minutes due to crashes... The list goes on

Still -  sadly no fix and none that fix anything in future sight. Have been telling myself they will patch stuff since the beginning, never happened to the extent that it should have, that 1000$+ is justified.

GPU : 24GB Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

RAM : 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6400 DIMM CL32 Dual Kit  (clocked at 6000)

MB : ASRock Phantom Gaming Riptide WiFi AMD B650E So.AM5 DDR5 ATX

PSU : 1200 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 12 Modular 80+ Platinum

Same specs here, I was talking with a guy under a post and tried some troubleshooting today. Managed to play 6 hours without using third party softwares or direct x 11:

link: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/7900-xtx-keeps-crashing/td-p/672218

0 Likes

I'm surprised there has not been a class action law suit filed ! 1100 dollars for a GPU that cant play as advertised !

like buying a car with chainsaw motor nice car just cant go fast.

7900 XTX merc

7800X3D

whitneywirght
Journeyman III

Ok so I am not an expert about it but why does helldiver cause so many software issues and not other game ?

0 Likes
grinbarran
Journeyman III

My system:

CPU: 7800x3d

GPU: XFX Speedster Merc310 7900xtx

RAM: 32mb G Skill Trident Z5 6000MT/s CL30

I tried a bunch of things to fix this same crashing issue: turning of global illumination, turning off anti-aliasing, turning graphics settings to low, forcing the game to run in DirectX11, updating drivers, updating bios. Nothing worked. Still crashed at least every 20 minutes, but usually within 10 minutes. I finally seem to have fixed it though. I checked my fps in game after seeing the suggestions to limit fps to 60 in Radeon Chill. I was sitting well over 300fps so I went ahead and set the limiter to 60 using Radeon Chill. I haven’t crashed since, including leaving the game running for more than 8 hours straight over the weekend. Glad to be able to play finally! For Democracy!

CPU: 7800x3d
GPU: XFX Speedster Merc310 7900xtx
RAM: 32gb G Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000MT/s CL30
Mobo: ASRock x670e Steel Legend
0 Likes
liklaysh
Journeyman III

Hi!
My PC

Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM 64 GB

ASRock Taichi 7900XTX

Since the release of the game, I have been experiencing this issue and I have only found a solution to it by using eco mode in my drivers and forcing DX11. It seemed to work for a while, but after updating to the latest 24.3.1 driver, where AMD indicated that problems with the graphics cards were fixed, nothing changed and the issue remained. I was glad that I was able to play the game normally, but then, after turning off everything and starting the game in standard mode, it still crashed. I had to go back to eco mode and force DX11 again. Great update from AMD! Well done!

PetK
Adept II

My system:

5950x

7900xtx

I was struggling with crashes myself. Even at stock it would crash and HWInfo would show a spike of 576W and 3400Mhz frequency.. As I have a reference card, I know it really isn't made for that!

Then I found out that putting the max frequency at 90% worked!

So no manual setting to 2900mhz or so, but really stick it to 90%. This resulted in an average frequency of 2950mhz at with an average wattage of 401W. Much better!

It does like to use the cores of my 5950x though.. pushing all beyond 5GHz. So if you're aircooled, pay attention to that!

If you're experiencing frequent crashes while playing Helldivers 2 on your system with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 processor, 32GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GPU running on Windows 11, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take. Firstly, ensure your GPU drivers are up to date and monitor temperatures to prevent overheating. Verify the integrity of the game files, check your power supply unit's capacity, and update your motherboard's BIOS if necessary. Close unnecessary background applications and check Windows Event Viewer for error messages. If issues persist, consider contacting the game's support or AMD support for further assistance.

0 Likes
Cliffford
Adept I

I see my PSU was Dead (seasonic 850 watt) and i change it with a 1200 watt Atx 3.0 .The 7900xtx sucks more then 600 watt and any game was crashed .Now i dont have Problems with the new PSU in the Moment and helldiv. 2 run now.

0 Likes
N_L
Adept I

Still crashing every patch, gotta turn of dx12 to 11, few options ingame, limit fps, idk if anything else but sucks.

Seems to me the only way this will get fixed is if they look into DirectX 12 and why it crashes.

0 Likes
Chainy
Journeyman III

Are there any updates on this topic? The game is currently not playable on my 6950 XT. After half an hour I get a black screen and have to restart the PC. Even if all graphics settings are set to minimum.

Once the game is running, I can no longer open the Adrenaline Edition software. If it is open while the game is running, it freezes. The activated overlay with the performance data also freezes relatively quickly. The GPU load is already at 99% when the intro video is played, which means that the card heats up very quickly.

GPU: 6950XT
CPU: 7800X3D
System: Windows 11
GPU-Driver: 24.4.1
Game-Version: 1.000.301

0 Likes

5900x w/AK620, 2x16GB 3600 CAS18, x570 Taichi, 6700XT x2 Mech OC, EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold PSU, old Rosewill mesh front full ATX case, Win11

Zero issues

7800X3D w/NH-D15 with offset bracket, 2x32Gb 6400 CAS32, B650E Steel Legend, 7900XT PG OC, Corsair HX1200, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Win 11

Zero issues

Not sure why others are crashing still

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest AM4/AM5 chipset drivers installed

Make sure you have adequate airflow thru your case 

IF you are using cable extenders INSIDE your case .. ie .. PCIe riser cable ..etc .. those can be sources of issues

IF you are running a sub par power supply .. that can be a real issue with not only stability but the safety of your hardware components

IF you are overclocking anything .. run at stock speeds and see if issue(s) persist

Check your CPU/GPU temps

Check for firmware updates for your SSD(s)

Check for vBIOS updates for your GPU

Generally good practice to run separate cables from your PSU to each power input on your GPU

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes