cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rhevoniuk
Journeyman III

HDMI scaling removed from current release 23.2.1

It is bad enough that the RX6600 has to be resized on every reboot of my system to fit the screen now the ability to do so has been removed from the new release.  This makes my graphics card that is two months old worthless.  

In twenty plus years of doing IT work I have never seen such a problematic issue as this.  Not sure I will ever recommend or use AMD products again. 

rhevoniuk_0-1676493870431.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
jsk68
Challenger

GPU scaling doesn't work?

0 Likes

I am not sure if you are experiencing the same issue I encountered with the screen size needing adjustment to large or two small for screen.

I have been working on this issue since building the system and discovered that my Samsung monitor simply needed to be reset back to factory settings.  I do not remember changing anything other than contrast.  But if others are having this issue try doing a factory reset it seems to have resolved my issue.

0 Likes
Stanmore
Adept III

Working fine for me on two systems that got updated to the new driver this morning.

HDMI scaling working on both.

0 Likes

I seem to have the HDMI issue resolved but the scaling slide bar is not on the display tab as it was on previous version. I have tried enabling GPU Scaling and Integer Scaling still no HDMI slide bar on 23.2.1. While it seems I do not need it now since the issue is resolved I am left wondering how yours shows up and mine does not...  I have a RX6600 with Windows 10.   

0 Likes

Not sure why it all works on our two systems sorry. Both are on Win 11 Pro 22H2.

We did get the HD AudioBus install notification issue again and WHEA corrected errors but the systems are running fine so I'll just stay out of Event Viewer

0 Likes
rhevoniuk
Journeyman III

I have been working on this issue since building the system and discovered that my Samsung monitor simply needed to be reset back to factory settings.  I do not remember changing anything other than contrast.  But if others are having this issue try doing a factory reset it seems to have resolved my issue.

0 Likes