Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Johnson123
Journeyman III

Having problems with the latest R7-7840HS

Good day community!

TL;DR: When will there be a stable graphics driver for the 7840HS? The processor has been released for quite a while now and still nothing on the official AMD website.

Detailed:

I've been constantly encountering black screens, flickers, freezes, and receiving error reports when using an Android emulator.

I'm using a laptop with the R7-7840HS and no discrete graphics card. It's a relatively new model, comes in Win11 by default, with the driver for the integrated graphics card solely from the OEM, and for Win11 only. The problem is, I'm more of a Win10 user and not quite in the favor to upgrade the system to 11 in the near future. I've downgraded it to Win10, only to find no related drivers on the official AMD site. The authentic Adrenaline version from the official website at this point is 22.38.XX (or 22.3X or sth like that, can't really remember) and it claimed to be the "latest." I went on searching for solutions and found this: New AMD Adrenaline Drivers v22.40.62 for the AOKZOE A1 Pro | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Gam.... It did work to some extent, but not entirely. I still received dead screens and blackouts from time to time, only less frequently. The current Adrenaline version on my laptop is 22.40.62, and there isn't really much left for me to try right now. I've also found others claiming that the driver for Win11 on the OEM's website works as well for Win10, but that's not the case for me (It's a .bat file and flashes out once I tried to execute it).

So will there be a proper driver for the 7840HS soon? Or will I have to yield to Win11 for now?

Appreciation to those who spent time to read this! English isn't my first language so please bear with me.

2 Replies
Johnson123
Journeyman III

I guess I'm not going to get at least some false promises as a placebo? LOL...

NICKNAMEJO
Journeyman III

I have the same problem it also happens on my laptop with an R7 7840HS. But when I download the driver I get a black screen.

0 Likes