Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shapeshifter
Journeyman III

Graphics problem after installing 18.8.1

Hey guys,

I wanted to install the newest drivers for my graphics card and after i've done so i received some weird graphics problems. Most black has turned blue and pretty much everything has a weird retro 8-bit blue overlay to it and is flickering... I've already installed 18.5.1 to see if that'd fix the problem but it stayed the same. Not sure which version i was running on before i "tried" to install 18.8.1

I'm running on Windows 7 ultimate

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 380 Series

Intel core i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz

8,0 GB RAM

Has anybody an idea on how to fix that? If not i'll just set up the Pc newly, since im a complety newbie when it comes to Pc's. But i've done so just recently so that time could really be spend better.

Thanks in advance =)

0 Likes
1 Reply

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

What is the exact AMD graphics you have? The R9 380 SERIES...is a 'series' of graphics cards/chips.

In addition:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes