cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bencarlin
Journeyman III

Graphics drivers have suddenly stopped working for Windows 10 (Radeon R9 200)

There is a massive bug with the Radeon Graphics drivers currently. I've had to roll back to this previous version of the driver (22.19.677.257) as the most recent makes my Windows Start and Cortana not work at all. However, on this rolled back version I can't get any media to playback.

I've done two completely fresh reinstalls of windows from certified Windows DVD install disk. I've even replaced my Hard drive as I thought perhaps that was failing. It was only when I decided to try rolling back the drivers that seemed to change anything. Now at least my start bar and Cortana are back but I have work I need to do for a client and can't currently do it as none of the media stuff like 'Film & TV' app are working. Yes, I've installed VLC etc and stuff doesn't even playback through that.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

System Details
Radeon Software Version

Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Memory Size

4096 MB

Memory Type

GDDR5

Core Clock

1050 MHz

Windows Version

Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory

32 GB

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

0 Likes
1 Reply
bencarlin
Journeyman III

Resolved...

Duet App that turns ipad into second display was what broke everything. I uninstalled duet app and everything is working fine again. I've updated the latest Radeon drivers and they are working fine. This is the app in question that broke my machine.

Duet Display - Ex-Apple Engineers Turn Your iPad Into An Extra Display