Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Telknor
Adept I

Graphics Driver Timeout

Greetings,

I am on a Beelink Ser 5 Pro running a Ryzen 7 5800H with Vega 8.  I have the latest Adrenaline v23.8.2.  I recently tried to run the IOLITE | Voxel Game Engine (iolite-engine.com) and after a few minutes of operation it crashes to desktop with the error message: The AMD software has detected a driver timeout.  It only happens with this game engine.  I am required to use this engine as part of my job.  I need to resolve this driver timeout.  At first, I thought I needed to update my drivers, but Adrenaline is up to date.  I then suspected that I wasn't able to run Vulkan but that does not appear to be the issue.  GPUZ shows Vulkan is running as intended.  I am unsure of what to check next or how to get the software running.

Thank you for your time.

7 Replies
shaneomac
Adept I

I am having similar issues as you have with the latest driver, the only solution seems for me to roll back to 23.7.2 or disable freesync, with freesync disabled all problems are magically gone.

But I have bought my setup for a lot of money back in january, i want freesync to be available though

0 Likes

I'll try a roll back to the 23.7.2 to see if that does anything. Might try the freesync trick too.

0 Likes

please let me know the result mate when you try it.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/23-8-1-23-9-1-driver-timeout-and-bsod-when-alt-tabbing...

I have also started a thread few days ago to address that similar issue

0 Likes

Alt Tabbing isn't an issue for me. It only throws the driver timeout error on the one game engine and nothing else.

0 Likes
Telknor
Adept I

Ok the latest driver Adrenaline v23.9.1  still crashes out and throws the driver timeout issue.

0 Likes
shaneomac
Adept I

that's sad to hear
Did rolling back to 23.7.2 fixed the issue atleast?

0 Likes
Telknor
Adept I

Rolling back to 23.7.2 did not solve the issue.  It appears to be a problem with the software not liking integrated graphics.  I'll have to get an external GPU adapter to hook up a card to the mini to see if it works then.

0 Likes