Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Graphics card started crashing after updating from Windows 10 to 11

I currently have:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 (3600 6-core)

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600XT 

Ever since I had to update from WIN10 to WIN11 as my OC , almost daily my GPU has either crashed or just goes stupid on me. Last week I had to do a complete factory wipe and reinstall because my GPU would not even work. Then today, I go and check for an update withing the Radeon Software tab and guess what, the update checker is missing!!! 

This had lately become a real struggle with my GPU and I am completely at a lost to WTH is going on and WTH to actually do to resolve this matter.  Hopefully you all out there can actually point me in the right direction. If I need to provide more items let me know. I will reply to it. 

Many thanks in advance 

1 Solution

Please stay on topic and leave out the personal attacks.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Why did you have to update from windows 10 to 11?

Windows 10 has been announced by Microsoft to be supported to mid 2025.

It sounds like you got scammed and your system may have been compromised.

STRONGLY SUGGEST. Contact your bank by phone cancel debit/credit cards. Tell your bank you suspect that you received a Malware attack on your PC and your personal info is likely compromised. 

Been through this around 5 times myself.

You can beet them at getting your social security number to prevent ID theft but you must do these things quickly.

STRONGLY ADVISE keeping a close eye on all bank statements for the next year also inform your bank of your regular shopping locations. Also have them hold any payment over a certain dollar amount till they have verified with you by phone to authorize or not to authorize payment.

0 Likes

@ThunderBeaver 

What are talking about? He has issues since updating to W11, What does banking and scams have to do with anything?

@ThaGamingChef 

Just do a clean install of windows(I'm staying with 10 Myself)

Always do a manual update for AMD drivers HERE 

Problem  s with amd and win11

esential is ftpm activate in uefi

Secure boot is on

svm is on why some times windows activates hcli automatically without permission

If enable you can disable this option in windows settings

Find under settings security and advanced hardware settings kernel security disable.

This is designt to be securing the os from kernel attacks on hardware level but in amd case it is broken

This interfere with ftpm mode tpm 2 Modul

Solution is external tpm 2 device to solve this

The reason is micorsoft decision for a security plan and this is the only one that worked with win 11.

That's why anti virus software are worthless today you only need anti maleware in your browser.For example ublock origin 

The system bsod comes with the failure to load fptm correctly

Normally screen freezes and blackcreens driver reset

0 Likes

OP said they had to upgrade from 10 to 11.

Windows 10 is still supported.

With that information I was concerned that the OP had been scammed and was concerned about more important matters like their financial security and identity protection.

I recall a certain company named Apple that claimed they had the best security and could not be hacked and look at how that backfired on them.

You don't have to upgrade to windows 11 yet. 

So don't give me crap for trying to look at the bigger picture based on my own 22 years of PC building experience.

0 Likes

I kept putting the upgrade to W11 for a bit honestly, I did the upgrade about mid-January, and it was legit as it was strictly from Microsoft.  Thanks for the concern but I don't download from sites I don't trust or don't have a good recommendation.

0 Likes

That link IS AMD's, so I think it can be trusted

Thinking and proving trust are 2 entirely different matters.

Keep assuming go ahead make an ass of yourself.

0 Likes

@ThunderBeaver 

OK, My reply was to the OP, Not you! which of course I see you, with "22 years" experience couldn't figure out.

This Link https://www.amd.com/en/support  IS AMD's Driver page as I mentioned above.

Please stay on topic and leave out the personal attacks.

Hey, the reason the update feature is missing from the driver is likely because Windows is forcing a driver update on shutdown/reboot to an OLDER driver version that has these features missing. There are also other things missing if you look more deeply, like ReLive, Record/Stream. This has been happening for a few weeks now, perhaps longer. Nobody really knows why. Nobody from AMD on this forum is acknowledging it either. Super annoying. Dont know when its gonna be resolved.

EDIT: Figured I'd also point out that theres been TONS of posts about this recently, including one from myself. So many people asking why stuff is missing from their drivers, why they cant update etc. When is there gonna be an OFFICIAL response to this from someone at AMD? Or even just a bulletin telling people "hey, this problem exists and we are aware of it"? Even if this is a problem on Microsofts end, at least let people know that its happening so there arent even more people coming to the forum confused...

0 Likes

I would consider trying 'system restore' back to your Windows 10 operating system, if that is available to you.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes