cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Yod
Journeyman III

Graphical glitches after driver update

 The video card I'm using is  Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X 8gb VX (VAPOR-X R9 290X 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E TRI-X).

Let's start with the problem and how I arrived to the problem.

First of all, there are some graphical glitches on the green and blue shades.

This is a type of glitch on the green colors. This shows when I enable and disable blue filter mode.

firefox_Rk3XspuBqo.gif

For reference, here it is the original image.

proxy-image.png

This problems comes up only when I install the latest drivers with Software Radeon. If I clena up the AMD drivers with the clean up utility it doesn't give me these glitches. This thing is happening after that I removed the video card, installed a M.2 SSD and reinstalled it.

I'm afraid that this could be an hardware problem, because I could have possibly managed badly the videocard because it was someway stuck in the case while I was trying to remove it. The point is, if it was something hardware damage releated, why it seems to work fine without drivers? If I run windows in safe mode (with only the necessary drivers and not video card drivers), the glitch does not occur. What can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yod
Journeyman III

Apparently it was this setting, the control on the temperature of the color (the second toggle, it is italian, sorry!).

Why it does this thing? It never did before. Is it meaning that somewhere there is a faulty hardware? Because I think this is something default that I never touched on my previous installations.

I forgot to mention that I reinstalled windows!  

ShareX_KVnHQ6BvmT.png

UPDATE: I have been comparing the same pictures with my phone and my pc screen (without any blue filter on). The colors are not the same at all, my pc screen colors are more desaturated and bright than on my phone.

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

Can you upload to YouTube ?

0 Likes

Yes, give me 5 minutes to do it and I'll update this reply with the link.

update: https://youtube.com/shorts/IF6QmMtqEeA?feature=share
This is the glitch it was giving me before changing that setting

The quality is ultra low so I'll explain what's happening:
First as you can see the colors changes at one point. That's because I disable the blue filter (that is super strange because it sholdn't change color, but it should just remove the blue filter, it's like the video card was rendering two different colors. Now it doesn't happen with that setting disabled) . When I turn it on at the end of the video you can see me zooming on the square on the bottom right. That's because that precise green block flickers when I had the blue filter on (or off, i don't remember exactly)

update 2: I also posted this on reddit and people are giving their opinion, maybe it can help
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/wwmqur/glitches_on_the_screen_i_need_some_help_click_...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/wwny8m/glitches_on_the_screen_i_need_some_help_click_the/

0 Likes