cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Re: grafik problems with Win10 Pro 64bit and HD7870 Crossfire

started getting artifacts again today, seems like the fix was only temporary and has reappeared

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

So 15.11 kinda fixed the issues for a lot of the games by disableing crossfire for them, the only game i have that seems to use crossfire and work is gta v, all the other games that i play (EX: WoW, Diablo 3, LoL, CS:GO) have crossfire disabled. I guess the profiles for a lot of games on this card have not been updated yet so to solve the problems that we were having they disabled crossfire for the games that have no profile. So if you guys update to 15.11 beta take a look at your current gpu usage and you will see that alot of the games that were having issues before may just have crossfire disabled for them now.

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

You can disable crossfirex for any game by making a custom application profile in CCC (Gaming -> 3d application settings) and disabling crossfirex. This can be done in any catalyst version so far.

It is a good workaround, if you have a powerful enough gpu card to render decent frames in higher gfx in-game settings, but it won't help the weaker adapters that absolutely rely on crossfirex to allow for high and ultra presets.

The truth is that many users, including me, would like to see better crossfirex support for more games.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Hello,

Uninstall CCC, maybe try Ccleaner and Autoruns to delete AMD related reg entries, install again.

Have you tried Sweetfx or ENB Series? Both use custom dll injections which you can edit yourself and may help with

performance. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello. I upgrade my pc windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 64bit. And my 7870 HD dies 2 times. i went to service.... They ''change'' the graphic card uprdate a bios of graphic card and then my fps in CS:GO went from 300+ to 150 max (not fps lock)... Then i reinstal to windows 8.1 pro and again update to win 10 and again the same problem... Then i get the 3rd time my new 7870 and stick to wind 8 64bit when everithing is ok.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

This issue still exist for me and other people i know that have these cards, getting a little old, i have tested both cards as stated before and continue to do so games run fine in windowed mode or with crossfire disabled on both of my cards and i have ran stress tests on both cards by them selves but when i enable crossfire i start to have probems, i have replace my crossfire cable and switched around the pcie slots, i went back to windows 8.1 and all the games that i was having issues with worked just fine. Only games that i have gotten to work with crossfire have been witcher 3, gta 5, and WoW which are all farely new and gpu intensive games but anything that runs an engine that is slightly older just doesnt launch crashes or has some kind of issue.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Did you try using a custom profile for the game that crashes and setting the CrossFire mode to AFR Friendly?

You might experience a few graphical anomalies as its a generic rendering mode but none of the games will crash. Have a look at the thread I created here ​to see if my experiences sound familiar.

0 Kudos