cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Lexotan
Adept I

GPU drivers issues, black screen / amd software stop working during gaming

Basically from the 23.4.3 update my AMD software started crashing during gaming sessions, at the beginning was something rare but now with the last update (23.5.2) every game i play for more than 20-30 mins cause the software to crash. Symptoms are always the same, i play a little with any games -> game freeze, a black screen, and AMD software error popup; after that, the software can't be open until i restart the PC.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
PSU: Corsair RM 750x
MB: MSI X570-A PRO

What i tried:

Update GPU drivers
Update Win10
Reinstall GPU drivers with DDU
Roll back to the 23.3.2 version
Install Adrenalin drivers only version
Registry Editor

So far nothing has fixed the problem.

5 Replies
Jesse1
Adept I

i tried going back to old driver had not crashed since had the driver you have my driver would unistall my itself and turn off your driver update when searching for updates  using regedit or whaever i used solved by a another user  

0 Likes
Jesse1
Adept I

it helped but it crashed again and unistalled sorry 

0 Likes
xxrune
Adept III

I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates, and if you can get your money back because your card isn't working as intended, you should. I have a similar issue, and I'm so done with this that I'm getting my money back, and anyone who's just bought a card that isn't working as intended should do the same.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

already sent multiple reports, can't get my money back because i bought the card in 2019

0 Likes

then I don't know what to tell you other than to stay away from AMD from now on and to try to get their attention through that link.

0 Likes