cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DeTarso
Journeyman III

GPU Clock and VRAM Frequency rising at rest

Hello everyone, how are you doing? I hope well!

I have an 8GB RX 580 (OC Edition). At rest, the GPU and VRAM clocks are at 300 MHz (both), when I'm gaming, it goes up to 1366 and 2000 MHz, respectively.

However, since the 22.11.2 driver, I have noticed something strange. At rest, it stays most of the time at 300 MHz (both GPU and VRAM), but every about 40 seconds the GPU clock rises to 1326 MHz and the VRAM clock rises to 2000 MHz, in total sleep, without do nothing (on the Windows desktop). It stays at these frequencies for about 5 - 10 seconds and then drops to 300 MHz again (staying in this up and down cycle)...

I fixed this from driver 22.11.2, in previous drivers this did not happen. I just updated to 23.2.1 and the same issue occurs...

Does anyone know if this is normal? I don't see any other problem, I just found this one strange and I was curious to know what it could be (playing the clock stays at 1366 MHz all the time for the GPU and 2000 MHz for the VRAM, showing absolutely no problem).

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit (fully updated). Thank you in advance, hugs!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Condor77
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same issue on my RX 570 in win 11. 22.5.1 is fine, later versions are bugged