Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

SangDeRenard
Adept I

Games crash with unkillable task and still running on steam

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm in need of your help.

Since yesterday, near all my steam games (except baldur's gates 3 for some reason) crashs when I launch them. The worst is that even if they have crashed, they are still marked as running in the steam application (I can even have this bug with multiple game at the same time) and their processes can't be killed with the task manager for some reason to :/.

At the end, even the task manager crash , I can open it but all processes are with grey square at the place of their logos and the task manager seem to freeze. I can kill the task manager in the task manager (it became paranormal at this point ^^') but not with the red cross at the right top corner or the task manager full crash for real. Sometimes, the processes of game and the "game is running" in steam is still here after a reboot.

This seems to occur with steam games, exception for baldur's gate like I've said. The only other thing that I have noticed since is the tendency of other games to crash easily when Alt+tab if in fullscreen.

I've found that using the AMDcleanuputility software "solve" but my AMD card isn't detected after that. So I tried to update my draivers with windows update (1st trie) and with AMD adrenaline but just after the driver installation all the crashing problem are starting again...

Can someone help me please ?

0 Likes
0 Replies