Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sad0x
Journeyman III

Games are crashing left and right because of "Driver-Timeout"

Hey Guys,

I upgraded my PC last year, all running smoothly except that in certain games I keep getting an AMD Driver Timeout. All CPU/GPU settings are stock, no OC or UV.

I have a pretty severe problem right now. Im getting many of those "Driver-Timeout" but dont know what I can really do about them.

It happens at seemingly random times in FIFA 23, NFS Heat, Jurassic World Evolution 2 and Planet Zoo (the first two fairly graphically intensive, the others... not so much?). Games that have not experienced crashes so far are Anno 1800, Forza Horizon 5, GTA 5 Online and FIFA 20. The longest I have been able to play without a crash is under 2 hours, but usually even if I leave FIFA 23 running in game but idle, it will crash with a driver timeout on its own within 30m or less. JWE 2 Planet Zoo eventually crashes as well if left idle in game. NFS Heat shuts down almost immediatly after start and greets me with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED Error, same for FIFA 23, but I can play for like 5- 10 minutes before it crashes.

Happens usually after around 10 - 15 minutes in games like FIFA 23, Jurassic World Evoloution 2 or Planet Zoo, but never happened for me in Forza Horizon 5, GTA 5 Online or Anno 1800. So im really wondering what is causing those errors, when the high end games supposedly arent viable for this type of crash and run just fine. Also have I upgraded my system a while ago and all the games I talked about earlier were there still working fine with no errors whatsoever.

So far I have tried:

• Clean driver install with latest AMD
  • Previous stable AMD driver (crashing was actually worse with this one), used AMD Driver Cleaner as well.
  • XMP on/off
  • Full screen/borderless window modes
  • Windows powerplan to Performance (usually Balanced)
  • All chipset and windows drivers up to date, BIOS is very recent
  • Under-/Overclocking 
  • Stress-Test of the system with no special results

Current System:

Mainboard: B-660 Gaming X DDR4

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 580 "Sapphire RX 580 Pulse"

CPU: Intel i5-13400f

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB

SSD: m.2 NVME 2TB Western Digital Black SN770

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hello, i have a 6900xt but sapphire nitro, its very stable. One of the drivers that I used and it was very stable was the 22.5.1. Its old but is worth trying just to check if its really a driver problem.
Actually i have the version Adrenalin 23.5.2 and its ok, you can give a try to.

0 Likes

sorry, wrong post. But for you, did you tried older versions for your GPU?

0 Likes

another thing you can try:

check the max frequency for your card on AMD web site then go to Adrenaline and set the max frequency - 100hz or 50hz

For example:

Max frequency: 2450
Adrenaline max frequency set: 2350/2400

0 Likes