cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nexing
Journeyman III

Game stutter & FPS drop. Potential AMD Chipset issue?

Hi,

After upgrading my MOBO to allow for more RAM I have started to encounter some stuttering during gaming.

My rig:

GIGABYTE B550M DS3H Motherboard,

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

RTX 4070

32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

Corsair HX750 PSU

Windows 11

I updated everything after installing the new motherboard (AMD Chipset, GPU Driver & Windows updates) and set an XMP profile in the bios settings. I then loaded into Fortnite when I started to notice FPS drop and stuttering/hitching. I tried nearly everything to figure out what was happening like turning off windows game mode and disabling game bar presence writer. 

I then decided to do a fresh install of windows 11 and try again, it was then I realised it's potentially the AMD Chipset (ver. 5.05.16.529) I updated, I have installed an older version (ver. 4.11.15.342) currently which has improved the fps drop and stuttering A LOT but it's still happening from time to time. I've tried older GPU drivers but the issue still persists across all the games I play, as you can imagine it's immensely frustrating. 

--

TLDR steps I've taken;

Updated Bios

Tested different GPU drivers

Tested different Chipsets (Has made an improvement using an older version)

Disabled background apps

Disabled Xbox game bar, Game bar presence writer, disabled game mode and full screen optimisation

Clean windows install 

--

If anyone has anymore suggestions they would be greatly appreciated as stuttering/hitching/fps drop in all the games I play is less than ideal and extremely frustrating.

Thanks, 

Nexing

0 Likes
0 Replies