Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Winters44
Adept I

Game not recognized by adrenalin software

Hello

I have a problem with the adrenalin software and one of my games.
I have Starfield installed from game pass and the adrenalin software does not recognize it. All the other games I have installed appear, but not that one.
I have tried to add it manually but it gives me an error and tells me that I do not have permissions to open that application. I have configured the file to run as administrator but it still gives the error.
I may not be adding it correctly.
If anyone has any idea of the solution I would appreciate it.

I have a Ryzen 5600x + rx7900xt and the adrenalin edition 23.9.3 driver.

Thank you

3 Replies
DipakJ27
Adept III

Here are a few things you can try:

Make sure that Starfield is installed in a location that Adrenalin Software can access. By default, Game Pass games are installed in the WindowsApps folder, which is hidden from most users.

To make this folder visible, follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. Click the View tab.
  3. Check the box next to Hidden items.
  4. Try adding Starfield to Adrenalin Software manually.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Adrenalin Software.
  2. Click the Gaming tab.
  3. Click the Add a game button.
  4. Navigate to the location where Starfield is installed and select the game's executable file (usually Starfield.exe).
  5. Click the Open button.
  6. Try running Adrenalin Software as administrator.
  7. To do this, right-click on the Adrenalin Software icon and select Run as administrator.

Try updating Adrenalin Software to the latest version. You can download the latest version from the AMD website.

Try restarting your computer.

If you've tried all of the above and Starfield is still not recognized by Adrenalin Software, then you may need to contact AMD support for further assistance.

Dipakjadhav

Thanks for your response, but I've tried everything you say and it still doesn't work.
I am an administrator and both the game executable and the amd software are configured to run as administrator, but it does not work.
Do you know how I can contact AMD's official technical support?
Because I can't find it on the website.

Thank you.
DavisFeraday
Journeyman III

Was any results/progress ever made???

0 Likes