cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Venom9991
Journeyman III

Game driver problems - assassin's creed valhalla

Hello, when loading the game I have a gray screen when the game starts it is equally gray.

The sound is there but the screen only displays the compass at the top of the screen and the quests, when the game is running I can enter the inventory , skills but the map does not display only the icons.

I have already uninstalled the game itself and reinstalled I updated the Graphics Card and Win drivers, checked the game files, lowered the settings in the game itself to low.

I will add that the game worked before and I only have this problem with the game assassin's creed valhalla, is this a problem with the game update?

I am constantly in contact with Ubisoft support.
So far, I am doing all the steps they suggest:
- update the system,
- updating the graphics card drivers,
- disable necessary applications in the background,
- verification of game files (positive),
- uninstallation and reinstallation,
- performed DISM and SFC according to the instructions,
- boot the system in clean boot mode 

Still the game does not work properly ( gray screen after loading the game).
I currently replaced the graphics card with a much better one from rx570 to rx7900xt and still nothing.
I only have a problem with this one game, the rest works fine, on one of the forums I read that the graphics drivers are ok and the game update 1.7.0 messed something up.

Now they gave a suggestion for me to install older drivers but I don't know where to look and which ones to install?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

1 Reply
DOSEOFiNSANiTY
Journeyman III

Hey there!

I dug around the internet today trying to find any answers about this exact issue.

When the game loads in, I have a solid grey screen and the map will only show icons. The map itself is also grey.

I found this very interesting as I haven't attempted to play this game for some time as I was having a lot of crash-to-desktop issues with it back around December. To add to this problem..... This isn't the only game I have that is effected by this. There is only 1 other game I own that seems to have this problem (at least as far as I can currently tell) and that is Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare (the 2019 release) and I have created a lengthy reddit post about the problem and all of the information I have tried to use so far.

Here is a link as it could potentially be helpful to figuring all this out....

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/11z2wgv/everything_is_grey_with_a_black_outline/

I am unsure what is going on here as rolling back to AMD drivers that were known to work, hasn't yielded any change.

For information purposes, I am currently using the latest Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview build on the canary channel. (I use this system for a lot of development things that require me to have access to canary releases)

I suspected it could be due to this, however, it doesn't look like you or the person I was going back and forth with on reddit have this version. Let me know if you find out anything.

0 Likes