cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JeanHz
Journeyman III

FULL SCREEN CAUSES PROBLEMS

I am having problems using the full screen in games, programs even in the browser (youtube, facebook, etc).

In youtube, facebook or other multimedia system that can be used in full screen, it makes the screen flicker when you put it in full screen there was an occasion that when I placed a youtube video in full screen the screen flickered and went completely black and The only thing I had to do was restart the PC and if I did it again the problem returned again.

•Something strange that happens is that when I enter a game in full screen the game is perfect, but when simultaneously or before, I open a video from youtube, facebook, etc in full screen it gives me a flicker of the screen for a second and then normal , but when I go to the game it seems that it crashes and nothing can be done, I close it and reopen it and the same problem continues, and the only thing is to restart the PC and if I do the aforementioned again, the problem returns.

I know this all sounds weird or is it normal? I don't know very well I have the latest driver for my GPU (RX 5500 XT GAMING X 8GB), the funny thing is that it only happens with this driver instead of the others, all good, the bad thing is that the other drivers I feel with poor fps stability and with very low performance, on the other hand, with the newer driver it is the opposite.

JeanHz_1-1663127420323.png

•intel core i5 10th gen 10400f 

•16gb ram corsair

•rx 5500 xt gaming x 8gb

•prime b460m-a

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sound similar to reports of hardware acceleration issue with the driver.

Test it by turning it off in browsers/discord/game launcher Apps, etc...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

If I found the same solution in many forums to "disable hardware acceleration" in the browser, it may be the solution, but the websites that have animation look obnoxious, personally I had it like that for a long time, but in that of "disable hardware acceleration" in games, that is if I don't know (could you give me more information?), it seems to be a problem with the driver, install the "recommended" version and everything goes well

0 Likes

we are in that time of year that drivers get sick and give all ppl issue we had a lot of issue last years in the same time black screen and so on 

last year it was enhanced sync was the issue now hardware acceleration what is going to be next year idk 

0 Likes

not all apps can turn it off tho some apps like whatsapp do not allow it and the web vision does not allow video calls

0 Likes