cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Reydarth
Journeyman III

Freezes and BSoD when updating drivers

For a few months now I have been unable to update the drivers of my RX 6700 XT graphics card. Any attempt at it has resulted in either a immediate BSoD, or the system freezing for a few minutes before glitching into a BSoD. Having made several posts over the last month's, I'm at my wit's end on this issue, as the drivers I am able to run are showing their age. I will post as much info as I can here, truly hoping someone can help me figure this out..

**Computer Type:** Desktop

**GPU:** RX 6700 XT

**CPU:** RYZEN 5 5600G 6 CORE 12 THREADS

**Motherboard:** MSI B550 A Pro

**BIOS Version:** Exact version unknown, will edit later, but updated in the last three months

**RAM:** Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16

**PSU:** NZXT C650

**Case:** Sharkoon

**Operating System & Version:** WINDOWS 11 PRO 22631

**GPU Drivers:** Currently 23.7.1 due to newer ones crashing

**Chipset Drivers:** AMD B550 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 6.02.07.2300

**Background Applications:** DISCORD, FIREFOX (none start up at boot)

**Description of Original Problem:** When installing any of the new driver versions, even after a wipe with DDU and/or the AMD Cleanup Utility, my system freezes up shortly after reboot. It stays like that for some time, then throws a BSoD. Logs after show only a event regarding AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 not being able to boot, which started (and ended yesterday) with the uninstalling of the Ryzen Master software. It stopped due to me reinstalling it to see whether it would resolve that error. Other AMD related errors I see in the logs are (note, I manually translated these from the original system language):

* The initialisation of the SCEP-certificate voor WORKGROUP\\DESKTOP via https://AMD-KeyId-<lots of numbersAndLettersHere> has failed
* Cannot find the description of id 2 of source AMD\_ANR\_BG\_PROC
* Cannot close service 'AMD User Experience Program Master'
* Cannot restart application '<system-root>\\Program Files\\AMD\\Performance Profile Client\\AUEPMaster.exe' (PID 9008) - Application-SID does not match conductor-SID

**Troubleshooting:** I've tried most things I could think of and much of what I was provided through advice. DDU wipes, AMD Cleanup Utility, uninstalling possibly conflicting software, you name it. Tried my hand at the Registry as well for the aforementioned AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 error but have not touched that yet. At this time I am very lost, for any driver of the last while that I have tried results in my system freezing up almost immediately, forcing me to rollback to a old driver from July 2023 as it is the only one seeming 'stable', albeit with some other issues but not functionally blocking. Have verified the GPU is powered by two separate cables from my PSU, and ran memory tests on every possible component to rule out faulty hardware as much as possible.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello ArianneParry,

First and foremost, thank you so much for responding! Some of this information is actually new to me, which is a bit of hope after quite a while of struggles. In terms of your suggestions, I will tackle them from least invasive to most, so ending with the BIOS update cause that makes me a tad nervous I will admit.

The current BIOS version I run is from July 2023, so it is on the older side, though uncertain if it is old enough for the issues that are created. I will however try some older drivers. Currently I use 23.7.1, so would any version after that be recommended to your knowledge?

As for Ryzen Master, I only reinstalled it when I noticed it resolved the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 error, which I am assuming is likely caused by a incomplete removal of the app via its normal uninstaller.

0 Likes