Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

donta1979
Elite

Frame Rate Target not working with 16.3.2 drivers

Jump to solution

I had like no issues with Fallout 4 and Skyrim with the 16.3 hotfix drivers on my FuryX decided to try the 16.3.2 drivers and yeah games like Fallout 4, Skyrim will not run at the target FPS even forcing the games built in vsync the games are running at 72 FPS max like half of my refresh rate of my freesync display... What is going on, I tried both games with the built in fps cap on and off. Tried to set the FPS via the amd control panel nothing seems to work. The Best ones I have used so far are the 16.3's when it first came out as a hotfix..  These new ones not so much..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
donta1979
Elite

Re: Frame Rate Target not working with 16.3.2 drivers

Jump to solution

/Sigh let the driver update in Crimson update my drivers, had to use DDU for an uninstall and install them manually to fix it... well semi it seems that game profiles are broken again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

/Sigh let the driver update in Crimson update my drivers, had to use DDU for an uninstall and install them manually to fix it... well semi it seems that game profiles are broken again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Have you tried updating to Crimson 16.4.1 which was released yesterday? FRTC should work correctly.

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

Not yet the FRTC works in global but not in my game profiles like it did in the 16.3 hotfix.

0 Kudos
qwixt
Forerunner

Jump to solution

I just tried 16.4.1 with Ashes of Singularity dx12, and the FRTC does not work. With FRTC set to 74, the videos and menus show about 100 fps. When playing the game, I can only get up to 50-60 fps @3440x1440.

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

Tried the new drivers 16.4.1, FRTC only works in global, in game profiles its disabled. No game profiles are currently working.

0 Kudos
d_vine
Adept II

Jump to solution

FRTC stopped working for me ever since 16.3.

Just tried 16.4.1...still not working.

Neither global nor profile settings activate FRTC in games/apps.

Win10 64

HD8900m

i7 x920

16GB Ram

0 Kudos
d_vine
Adept II

Jump to solution

Okay, i could narrow down the FRTC problem:

Before 16.3.: You could leave VSYNC enable in game, but still enable FRTC.

--> NO TEARING

After 16.3.: You HAVE to disable VSYNC in game, to enable FRTC.

--> VISIBLE TEARING

What can be done to keep vsync enabled? I know it worked perfectly up til 16.2.1

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

When it is not working in global that means you need to do a clean install using DD...

0 Kudos