cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Arginnon
Journeyman III

Fortnite causes IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal BSOD error since update

Hi! I first went to Epic Games with this problem, they sent me to Microsoft, who've sent me here, so I hope someone will be able to help me.

I've been playing Fortnite on my HP Pavilion 15-n002sh notebook, running Windows 8.1, with Intel Core i5-4200U CPU, 8 GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD 8670M GPU. Everything worked fine for months, then after the previous update (v21.20) the game started causing an IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal stop code (Blue Screen of Death) whenever I join a game. Nothing else was changed on the PC, only Fortnite was updated, and it's only Fortnite that causes the crash.

Since then I tried fixing it by:

• launching the game in different rendering modes (I play in performance mode but the problem persists in the other two as well)

• verifying the game files

• completely uninstalling the game and launcher then reinstalling it

• running it as an administrator

• adjusting the compatibility settings

• updating the graphics card drivers

• checking for windows updates

• disabling the antivirus software (Avast)

• checking for viruses

• repairing visual C++ redistributables

• running diagnostics and stress tests on the memory and the graphics card (they're both working fine)

• performing a clean boot

None of the above worked. Since then I found some other players on reddit who're saying that they encountered the same issue after the update, similarly on Windows 8.1 with AMD GPUs.

I also generated a complete memory dump and this is what the analyzer said:

On Sun 2022.07.17. 14:50:01 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP (Full memory dump)

Bugcheck code:

0xA(0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF801F5A74509)

Bugcheck name:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 

Driver or module in which error occurred:

Program.sys  (FortniteClient_Win64_Shipping_7ffb056f0000!Ordinal0+0x2936230 )

File path:

C:\Program

Bug check description:

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

Analysis:

This is a typical software problem. Most likely this is caused by a bug in a driver.

Google query:

FortniteClient_Win64_Shipping_7ffb056f0000 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 

(I'm a bit of a noob, so I have no idea how to make sense of this or how to proceed.)

I thought the problem would be on Fortnite's end, but their customer service insisted that it isn't and that I should contact Microsoft support. Microsoft support told me to come here. So here I am. I've been trying to fix this for almost two weeks now, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
0 Replies