cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cvearl
Adept II

For Video cards... Please get rid of Auto-Detect and Install option when downloading drivers!

I have had so many people run that instead of downloading the whole suite. For some reason it is not running Adrenalin app after install! You have to download the whole package to get a working copy. 

This is the stuff that turns off the community to these products.

C.

1 Solution

users utilize Auto-Detect because it is easy. even the pull-down menus are hard for some. 

people that know computers will use Manual but new or novice users will grab the Auto Detect, deal with it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Why does anyone use "Auto-Detect"? Been doing Manual updates for 20+ years with no issues, That way You always have a library of previous Drivers in case you may have an issue.

0 Likes

Ya I always download the complete driver package. I was having a bad day. I also blamed this as the reason for my real issue which is ... I cannot install 23.9.2. Either upgrade from WITHIN Adrenalin or... DDU wipe the whole thing and install from the complete package from the Drivers Page. I get the Adrenalin icon on the task bar but it dissapears as soon as you try to run it and nothing happens. I go back to 23.8.2 and it works normally. I'll keep digging

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I am running 23.9.2 fine. So many people though, so many are having issues. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

It must be working for some people. Just not sure why some of us have Adrenalin not able to launch after the install. 23.9.2 runs through the install normally and then will not open the **bleep** control panel to play with settings and all that. Baffled. For 4 years I have used AMD GPU's (and nVidia) but this is the first time I have had the AMD drivers treat me like this. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I'm genuinely afraid to update mine now.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Wait... So my drivers are running fine but the release date of them says 9/11/2023.

cpurpe91_0-1695346590690.png

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

These released 9/19/2023 

cpurpe91_1-1695346644670.png

0 Likes

Yup I downloaded direct from the site.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You all see this right? I'm not crazy my drivers are from 9/11 not 9/19

0 Likes

Yeah I have the same, drivers are from 9/11, even though the download page etc says 9/19.
Unfortunately this update broke my PC.

Even after a full format and windows reinstall, I'm having issues.
Cannot get my second monitor to work and windows is filled with errors about AMD.

0 Likes

That does not make sense. If you wiped and reinstalled Windows there would not be any traces of AMD drivers left behind. What card do you have?

0 Likes

7800XT.
I even tried to install windows 10 to get it working.
Still nothing I have done has got it working, stuck with 1 screen.

Trying one last thing and that's doing a memtest on my RAM to see if there are any issues there.

Otherwise my last option is to send the card back for testing.

And the AMD errors I spoke of is after installing drivers after the fresh windows install.

0 Likes

users utilize Auto-Detect because it is easy. even the pull-down menus are hard for some. 

people that know computers will use Manual but new or novice users will grab the Auto Detect, deal with it

0 Likes

Sorry,Nothing to deal with.

0 Likes

Ya I am marking this as solved because I was blaming Autodetect for the reason 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 are not working right. There are several other threads for that specific issue with Adrenalin not starting and Autodetect was not the cause.

Sorry about that everyone.

0 Likes
paulfwatts
Adept I

I've had exactly the same experience as the OP on this thread. So beware when upgrading to 23.9.2. Seems some are lucky and don't have any problems whereas for others it's a nightmare and days of wasted time. I'm very experienced with Windows so not user error in my case.

0 Likes
Denmer
Adept II

In my experience, the issue is people not using DDU and disabling Windows Driver Updates. The real fix would be for Microsoft to fix whatever is causing it... But what I saw on my own end is that Windows would replace the new drivers mid install with the OEM drivers downloaded through Windows Update. This then would break adrenaline and also leave you with drivers you didn't want anyway.

Also have to keep DDU updated, had one incident after a bit where even using DDU Windows was still installing and OEM driver, guess DDU needed an update to track the newest OEM driver to uninstall it.

0 Likes