cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

For Them Who have random crash or growing Temperature

I had several random crashes with abrupt supply cut . This happened generally after i put my 2nd 1080p screen but not every times . Yesterday i had some hudge growing junction temperature to 110 °C in usual game ; the parameter i changed on adrenalin was HDCP set to off and another parameter set to off improving number of fps keeping a good quality .

Yesterday , the junction T° stayed high in game ,always growing despite computer restarts , cutting off suddenly the PC supply .

The supply cut could happpened before several times , even at cold , with wattman crash message after windows 10 return .

I think that all these problems has obviously a GPU card power management problem and with wattman .

So when i put on adrenalin : parameters -> settings -> GPU -> undervoltage , that always resolved my problems until now and yesterday .

My system : 7900 XTX , Windows 10 22H2 , latest gpu and X570 drivers desinstalled and installed after windows 10 were updated to 22H2 .

For dev : i have always the 1080p 2nd screen displayed in half vertical full horizontal if not 3D ( blurry ) mode is set on windows . Maybe the multi screen is an origin of wattman crash and supply cut .

Temperature010223.jpgTemperature010223.2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply

Have you checked to see if you have one of the defective RX7900XTX GPU cards that overheats in one position but not in a different position?

If the GPU card is horizontal, flip the PC case so the GPU card is vertical and see if you get the same temperatures.

If you do then you most likely don't have a defective RX7900XTX. But if it doesn't overheat anymore in a different position then you need to RMA your GPU card.

0 Likes