Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

clark
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Flickering

A new major driver release is available, the so called "Crimson Edition". AMD has promissed this driver would address several problems. I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet (and won't be able to do so until late at night), but it might be the solution to our problems.

Has anyone given the Crimson Edition Driver a chance? What's the outcome?

0 Kudos
clark
Adept II
Adept II

I am disgusted to find out that this annoying bug is still present on the new and "revolutionary" Crimson Driver. More than an year has passed, I have sent 25 driver bug reports to AMD (literally) and this issue is still not solved. Considering this bug was first introduced with driver 15.7, and knowing that AMD has the code for version 15.6, which did not have this problem, I can only assume AMD is ignoring its clients and not giving any importance whatsoever to this bug that defeats the fundamental purpose of a video card: to show stable images.

From this moment on, I am giving up on AMD. I will try using an active display port multi-stream hub to see if this equipment can somehow "fix" the signal going to the displays. This is the cheapest solution I can think of. If this fails, I will keep using Asus GPU Tweak to overclock my 2D clock settings (which solves the bug, but increases heat dissipation and power consumption) until I can sell both my R9 290 to buy an NVIDIA hardware.

I wish the best luck for those who will still wait for a solution coming from AMD. From now on I plan to stay with Intel + Nvidia for several years, until AMD either goes bankrupt for disrespecting its clients or goes through a great change.

Best regards, community, and thanks for all the help and support you have given me during this half year facing this hideous software flaw.

0 Kudos
metalunivox
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

agreed especailly when a shade is cast over a texture, like Battlefronts loading screens, or the death screen in Transformers Devastation

0 Kudos
fcies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've seen this thread to late..

I have the same Problem describted here:

W8100, Problems with Driver Pack 15.201.2401-151104a

0 Kudos
freddykrug
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

16.1.1 Fixed it for me! So far...

I have a triple 1920x1080 monitor setup with a MSI R9 390X, the side monitors running DVI and the primary monitor running DisplayPort to DVI with active adapter and I am running on windows 10. I have had this issue for the pas 6 months or so.

I simply uninstalled the old drivers and software completely > Rebooted > Installed the new 16.1.1 drivers as Administrator > Rebooted

I did not install Gaming Evolved app and I am running an overclock of 1150 MHz on the core and 1600 MHz on the memory with MSI Afterburner (with PowerPlay). My idle frequencies are 300 MHz on the core and 150 MHz on the memory.

It's been 3 days now, roughly 15 hours of computer use with web browsing, gaming, watching videos and the issue has not come back for me yet.

Technical details :

That issue is a memory issue caused by AMD PowerPlay, the technology that let your GPU core and memory run at lower frequency when not being used. Prior to 16.1.1, my memory frequency would generally stay at idle speed "150 MHz" even when watching videos and browsing the web. It would sometime go above that but never past "600 MHz" and it would drop back to "150 MHZ" even while watching videos and other demanding 2D applications. Since 16.1.1, my memory will go directly from "150 MHz" to "1600 MHz" as soon as 2D processing is required.

0 Kudos
cken23
Adept II
Adept II

Has anyone fix the problem with these stupid drivers that fix nothing but one individual thing? they are advertising 4k like if its stable on their drivers while Nvidia is sitting back and laughing at AMD GPU users.... i bought a club 3d hmdi 2.0 adapter and i also bought a club 3d hdmi 2.0 premium certified cable to fix this issue. So far it has somewhat fixed it but it randomly turns my 4k screen black, not only through game but also while browsing the internet sometimes. The flickering happens and splits my screen during game time, which is so annoying. since i got the certified hdmi 2.0 by club 3d the flickering and turning black screen has been fixed by a lot because it doesn't happen as often as when i use to use a Monster Hdmi cable that claimed to do 4k with the correct transfer data but was not premium certified. So i figured its the drivers and AMD has still not found the problem which is annoying.... all of us are talking about it and this company just taking the money. If anyone knows of a good driver that can be used to address this screen problem with 3840x2160 or 4096x2160  resolutions please reply, im starting to give up on this company. Have been a loyal AMD fan for a while and even my whole rig is AMD as well as my cpu and SSD's. Spent over 3k+ on this pc trying to make it the right color and hardware specifically for AMD only. thanks

0 Kudos