cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hexaae
Adept II

Flickering screen in desktop mode on Ryzen 9 7945HX (APU 610M)

Brand new ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2023) - G733PZ (Ryzen 9 7945HX + NVidia 4080 12GB...)

The desktop screen shows random flickering in normal office usage when in APU mode.
This is a known driver issue experienced by ALL ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2023) owners. Reproducible with current Adrenalin 23.4.1 drivers and even using previous versions like 23.3.2...
The flickering itself is very fast (this is not the so called "black screen" issue), like screen blinking for 0.1sec. Sometimes it looks like only the middle half of the screen is affected. 

Please AMD, fix this irritating bug.

6 Replies
hexaae
Adept II

Forgot to mention screen is 240Hz 2560x1440 (Freesync/G-Sync).

Obviously already tried to disable HW acceleration in Edge browser etc. with no avail. I can't adjust APU clocks through Adrenalin panel (missing option like you have on the AMD dGPUs) to try a workaround.

Only AMD Adrenalin fixed drivers can save us!

0 Likes
hexaae
Adept II

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.3 Release Notes | AMD

Flickering at desktop (browsers or just explorer usage...) still unfixed for APU 610M.

0 Likes

same thing for my 6650xt. asked support about this, hopefully theyll give a useful answer. ill try to remember to update here, if not feel free to reply to remind me.

Re: Issues with new laptop Strix Scar 17 2023 (R9 ... - Pagina 5 - Republic of Gamers Forum - 921478... see also here: try to disable (as a temp workaround) Memory Integrity in Windows 11 and see if this works... Of course we need an official AMD Adrenalin final fix, not a manual workaround.

0 Likes
tvsfoo
Journeyman III

Im having the same issue as you.

My screen has random blinking or flickering while on my intergated gpu 610m. This is a known issues for this device and people also discovered it as an AMD graphic driver issue. I'm surprised that the bug is not fixed with new updates even many have reported to either ASUS and AMD. Can AMD please raise this issue so we can have it fixed and let us enjoy asus's product without compromises?

People have been discussing plenty of issues with this device and most of them are software based. Here is the link:
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/rog-strix-series/issues-with-new-laptop-strix-scar-17-2023-r9-7945hx-4...

My main concern is issue number 4 from the post:

[COMMON] Random internal screen (desktop usage) fast-flickerings (0.1sec, very fast almost unnoticeable, mostrly in the upper portion of the screen)... looks like AMD iGPU unstable frequency (?). This seems a well known AMD iGPU issue reported in many forums with previous AMD CPU models. Waiting for AMD Adrenalin driver/BIOS updates hoping for a fix...

0 Likes
hexaae
Adept II

Yep... embarrassing we have no support from AMD to their own 610M APU...

0 Likes