cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

psonerpg
Journeyman III

Fix for AMD 5700 and 5700XT sound drops

Ok so i had the same issues as everyone else, playing games through hdmi audio drops in and out

try this and it should work

go to the amd 5700 official driver page download the latest complete package 

which should be 21.1.1, once you download extract the whole package to a folder on your desktop

once this is done go into the folder, click on packages then drivers then audio then hdmi

then you will see a folder named WT64A Click on it

then open the AtihdWT6.inf scroll to this line

HKR,PowerSettings,PerformanceIdleTime,1,0A,00,00,00
then change it to this and save it, if it gives you a need administration rights just save it on the desktop then replace it in the folder
HKR,PowerSettings,PerformanceIdleTime,1,00,00,00,00

after this install the whole pack from setup like usual

reboot the computer and test it out you should not be experiencing any audio cutouts anymore

let me know how it works for you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
psonerpg
Journeyman III

Update:

Hey guys try this, after i posted about reinstalling the hdmi audio after editing the file, a while ago the audio drops came back, but this time i think i figured it out, it'll be a pain to do it everytime you turn on your pc but i'm sure it works. once your pc has loaded go into the radeon settings go to display and switch from  

RGB 4.4.4
To
YCbCR 4.4.4.
Then Back to RGB 4.4.4
This should stop all audio drops

atleast in my situation it does, i am running stereo, i also have hdcp and hdmi link assurance on

i am also running in 4k 60hz so on your tv make sure you set your HDMI to EDID 2.0 and make sure you have at-least a HDMI 2.0 Cable

Also note that when set to EDID 1.4  which was 4k at 30hz there wasn't any sound drops at all

but who wants tor un at 30hz lol

0 Likes