cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rb1947
Adept I

FirePro W4100 driver problem

I've updated my PC with MB(Gigabyte B450M DS3H), CPU(Ryzen 5 5600X, RAM(32 GB) and Win 11. I previously had a Win 10 setup and the Adrenalin software worked perfectly. After the Win 11 install the System driver 1.0.0.74 failed to be installed (error code 0x8024200b).  I have 4 monitors set 2x2 and am unable to extend the home screen. When I install the adrenalin software version Pro 21.Q2.1 is recommended. Near the end of the install I get several error messages 

Failed to create OpenGlcontest for format QsurfaceFormat

At this point the PC crashed and restarted. 

What can I do?

Ron

Edited to add error code. And again to add error message

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is

not possible, make sure ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation

libraries (libEGL,dll, libGLESv2.dlland d3dcompiler_.dll) are

available in the application executable’s directory or in a location listed in PATH

I have researched this in the forum and I have only 1 display adapter. The program worked perfectly in Win 10 on a B450 MB and this solution seemed much too complicated.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/firepro-w700-drivers-install-fails-quot-failed-to-crea...

0 Likes
1 Reply
rb1947
Adept I

Finally, I figured out how to do it from this post: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/firepro-w7000-install-fails-on-w10-quot-failed-to-crea...

I'll post the instructions here.

• in C:\AMD search for AMDCleanupUtility.exe
  • Launch it. It will ask if you want to do it in Safe Mode.(I did)
  • Delete the folder C:\AMD\
  • Reboot
  • then relaunch the installer 
  • For me it worked

I also figured out how to extend the home screen to a 2x2 configuration. Click the Eyefinity+ button and arrange the screens. The Eyefinity+ option should be higher on the list of operations available. 

Edited to add: I was getting so frustrated I was exploring Linux options. Why I didn't have this problem on my laptop I'll never know. The drivers listed above aren't on the laptop yet Adrenalin works fine except I have to keep resetting it because Windows overwrites it.