cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mat777
Challenger

FidelityFX Super Resolution compatible with all games with the driver

it will be available on the next pilot in January 2022 ? 

0 Likes
6 Replies

AMD FidelityFX is a new feature so not many games yet utilize it.

Here is everything you need to know about AMD FidelityFX and what games support that feature: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-fidelityfx-super-resolution

Okay I can't snip and upload any image showing all the AMD GPUs that support FidelityFX Feature so I just copied the information:

Supported Graphics Hardware*

AMD Radeon™ 6000 Series

AMD Radeon™ 6000M Series

AMD Radeon™ 5000 Series

AMD Radeon™ 5000M Series

AMD Radeon™ VII Graphics

AMD Radeon™ RX Vega Series

AMD Radeon™ 600 Series

AMD Radeon™ RX 500 Series

AMD Radeon™ RX 480/470/460 Graphics

AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with AMD Radeon™ Graphics

AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 20 Series

NVIDIA® GeForce® 16 Series

NVIDIA® GeForce® 10 Series

*AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution is “game dependent” and is supported on the products listed above if the minimum requirements of the game are met. AMD does not provide technical or warranty support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution enablement on NVIDIA® graphics cards. To prevent over-sharpening, we recommend not to use Radeon™ Image Sharpening with FSR-enabled games.

NOTE: When I snip the image at AMD website the image is larger than 3 MB thus it is refused. No matter how I snip it or how I scale it, even down to 67% of original size.

0 Likes

And as with any new tech from AMD, they will officially announce it when it is ready.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Yay, you supplied a link that has not official verification.

Get a brain.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

AMD is preparing RSR (Radeon Super Resolution), an ersatz FSR for all games Unlike FSR, RSR will not require implementation by the developers of each game.

According to VideoCardz, AMD is preparing to deploy a technology dubbed Radeon Super Resolution (RSR). Derived from the FidelityFX Super Resolution, it would not require, unlike the FSR, a specific implementation for each game. Indeed, it would work directly via the Radeon drivers. The advantage is that the RSR will encompass a wide range of games from the start. However, it might only be supported by RDNA 1 or newer GPUs, while the FSR is compatible with Polaris, Vega, RDNA 1 and RDNA 2 graphics cards, and also NVIDIA GeForce 10 series, series 16, RTX 20 series, and RTX 30 series.      https://www.tomshardware.fr/amd-prepare-le-rsr-radeon-super-resolution-un-ersatz-de-fsr-pour-tous-le...    

No, game developers have to implement the coding in the game.

It is not a driver specific application.