cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Padraig
Journeyman III

FAULTY GPU DRIVER

Hello, I have a AMD Vega 64 and when i recently upgraded to the latest driver to play Cyberpunk 2077 ive run into a problem. The driver did not install corectly i have no adrenaline software installed. I have used DDU in safe mode and normal mode multiple times to uninstall this faulty driver but nothing has worked it crashes as soon as anything attempts to change the faulty driver. Downloading the driver again and clicking install and clean install dont work. I have tried installing to a custom folder. I have updated windows fully no more windows update. How do i remove the faulty driver so i can install new ones. Whatever driver i try to install the pc restarts immediatly black screen reboot on installing or removing faulty driver. Dont know what else to do other than try to find driver files and delete them manually. What could it be?

My specs are:

3700x

32gb DDR4 3200mhz

Vega 64 Strix

850 Watt Superflower Platinum

500gb NVME and Multiple HDD's

0 Likes
1 Solution

Managed to fix it after a long while of tinkering used newer DDU in minimal safe mode with windows fully updated managed to delete the broken driver and install latest seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

hi, maybe try to install an older driver after cleaning with DDU

or do a fresh Win10 20H2 install

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Managed to fix it after a long while of tinkering used newer DDU in minimal safe mode with windows fully updated managed to delete the broken driver and install latest seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.