cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amduser7
Adept I

Far Cry 6 AMD RX 6500XT huge slowdown after 18 sec . bad memory management driver problem ?

Hi

The game far cry 6 trail which can download demo free is a good test to show Problem.  Far Cry 6 use many Pixel shaders. my RX 6500 XT get extreme slow after 18 sec in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI64REAm1hc or when bench with same settings run 2. time with same settings, without start the game new.  Also in game when look on floor or The gpu clock stay high but the ram clock drop. no too high temperature can see or to many power use. The much older gforce 1030 which i have have only 2 gb vram and also PCIe 3 x4 and work with 10-12 fps alway. The RX 6500 is when run the benchmark the first time faster with
50 fps . but on second run of the bench it get only 7 fps on Full HD.

I use latest Adrenalin driver, have test it with win 10 and win 11 and i have a i5 8600 H310 with pciee 3x4 with 32 GB RAM and SSD no Harddrives I try with or without texture format optimisation in driver. did not help
far cry is a very large game with over 10 isle. in the benchmark is only show 1 isle. so for sure this game need not alle the time 4 GB V RAM to play the benchmark in fast speed. What cause the memory clock slowdown ?. can you test the game and enhance the driver, because i notice also in other game half life 2 , when longer play short hangs so it seem AMD texture cache or shader code cach.e work not so good as from nvidia.

0 Likes
1 Reply
amduser7
Adept I

maybe it is possible to downclock the VRAM and avoid it to throttle so i can test if work better ?. I see in GFX memory benchark in 1. block much larger GFX mem write time as on the older gforce 1030. both cards are used on my PC in PCIe 3 x4 mode. maybe the speed increase of VRAM work too slow because on 1. block gforce 1030 need 184 ms 6500 XT is with 340 ms much slower. can this enhance ?

gfx speed amd rx 6500 XT.jpggfxspeed gforce 1030.jpg

0 Likes