kinker31
Adept I

Extremely Terrible Lag on Borderless Windowed Mode

Before I get the "Please Post Specs" post:

• GPU: AMD RX 6600 XT
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
  • 16 Gigs DDR4 Memory

The Problem:

Whenever I try running anything in Borderless Fullscreen mode (or Borderless Window with the size set to the monitor resolution), the program runs fine for about a few seconds, then lags so horribly that I only get a frame through every couple of seconds. Game logic seems to be completely unaffected, this seems to mostly be a problem on the rendering side. Replication for this problem is very simple, as I run into this problem on almost every game that has support for non-exclusive fullscreen.

If left long enough, the affected program eventually causes a driver timeout, and worst-case scenario, the entire program ends up blue-screening the computer. Thankfully, nothing particularly important's affected by this, it's just extremely annoying that this has been a problem every time I want to run something in a borderless window.

I've searched around on Google for a fix to my problem, but the most related post I could find to my problem is the microstutter problem, which I don't have. (It's more of a macrostutter problem for me.) Drivers are on the latest version, and I have also have the latest pre-release version of Windows 11 (Build 22621.ni_release.22506-1250).

0 Likes
1 Solution
kinker31
Adept I

Completely disregard this post, I got a fix working two weeks back; All you have to do is completely re-install the drivers, using DDU to uninstall the drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
kinker31
Adept I

Completely disregard this post, I got a fix working two weeks back; All you have to do is completely re-install the drivers, using DDU to uninstall the drivers.

0 Likes