cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vicviper
Journeyman III

Error message shows up every single shut down. AMD is mentioned...

Every single time I shut down or restart my pc, I see a box with the following explorer.exe error:

"The instruction at 0x00007FFD3F283ACA referenced memory at
0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written.
Click on OK to terminate the program".

By checking Event Viewer, I consistently see two errors that match up to the time I shut down the PC. This is what they say:

----------

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\MINISFORUM$ via https://AMD-KeyId-52fb59e29aa83a962fb9eef0fe5b4811de6b751e.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps

Method: GET(0ms)

Stage: GetCACaps

The server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

----------

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for Local system via https://AMD-KeyId-52fb59e29aa83a962fb9eef0fe5b4811de6b751e.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps

Method: GET(15ms)

Stage: GetCACaps

The server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

----------

I actually tried asking CHAT GPT about this error, it mentions something about AMD certificates that my PC is apparently trying to find, but cannot for some reason... Can anybody shed some light on how to fix this? I already have tried reinstalling AMD Adrenaline and the Graphics Drivers.

0 Likes
4 Replies

SCEP is not the problem.

Many guides on the web with suggested fixes for explorer.exe problem, a list of most common below.

explorer. exe fix.png   

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Reatlegile
Journeyman III

To help troubleshoot and resolve the issue you're experiencing, let's go through the steps to gather more details and potential solutions. Here’s a systematic approach to identify and address the explorer.exe error on shutdown that mentions AMD.

Step 1: Gather Detailed Error Information

Firstly, let's confirm the exact errors logged in the Event Viewer.

1. Open Event Viewer:

• Press Win + X and select Event Viewer.
    • Navigate to Windows Logs > System and Application.
    • Look for errors that correspond to the shutdown time.
  2. Note Down the Error Details:

• Look for errors related to explorer.exe and any AMD components.
    • Copy the details, including the Event ID, Source, and Description.

Step 2: Identify Potential Causes

The error message involving memory could be related to several issues, including driver problems, corrupted system files, or software conflicts. Here are some common areas to check:

1. AMD Drivers:

• Outdated or corrupt AMD graphics or chipset drivers can cause such issues.
  2. System File Corruption:

• Corrupt system files might cause explorer.exe errors.
  3. Software Conflicts:

• Recently installed software might be conflicting with system operations.

Step 3: Troubleshooting Steps

1. Update or Reinstall AMD Drivers

• Update Drivers:

• Go to the AMD official website and download the latest drivers for your GPU and chipset.
    • Install the drivers and restart your computer.
  • Clean Reinstall Drivers:

2. Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM

• Run SFC:

• Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • Wait for the scan to complete and follow any instructions provided.
  • Run DISM:

• In the Command Prompt, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to complete.

3. Check for Software Conflicts

• Clean Boot:
    • Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab.
    • Check "Hide all Microsoft services" and then click Disable all.
    • Go to the Startup tab and open Task Manager.
    • Disable all startup items.
    • Restart your computer to see if the issue persists.

4. Check for Malware

• Full System Scan:
    • Use Windows Defender or any reputable third-party antivirus software to perform a full system scan.

Step 4: Additional Troubleshooting

If the problem persists after following the above steps, consider these additional measures:

1. Event Viewer Analysis:

• Look deeper into the Event Viewer logs for any additional clues.
    • Search online for specific Event IDs and errors to find tailored solutions.
  2. System Restore:

• If the issue started recently, use System Restore to revert to a point before the problem began.
  3. Windows Update:

• Ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates.
  4. Memory Check:

• Run a memory diagnostic tool to check for faulty RAM.

Next Steps

Provide the exact details from the Event Viewer errors. This information will help in narrowing down the potential causes and solutions further. If any of the steps above resolve the issue or if you encounter difficulties, let me know so I can offer more targeted assistance.

0 Likes

You're an AI aren't you..

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

I get the same error at shut down on both my AMD rigs. No idea what the hell it is. 

0 Likes