cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Endless Driver timeouts

Still haven't found a solution to this issue so I will make my own post about it. 

I just built my PC a little over a month ago and have had driver timeouts consistently. I have been reading forums and watching videos for weeks hoping for an answer but to no avail.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE

MOBO: Asus B650-Plus Wifi

RAM: Delta DDR5 32GB 6000MHZ

What I've tried:

1. Updated Motherboard Bios

2. Changed windows to High Performance

3. uninstalled armory crate

4. Disabled XMP

5. set auto device installation in windows to off

6.  ran DDU in safe mode and reinstalled drivers with and without AMD Adrenalin

7. Disabled ULPS 

8. tuning the max frequency of my GPU down from the default 2545 MHZ to 2450 and 2370

9. undervolting sometimes seems to have a positive effect

Nothing has led to a permanent solution. For some reason I can run Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring for hours on end with no crashes. However, Armored Core 6 will crash consistently.  Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster  crashes every race. 

Now in the past week I am experiencing constant crashes on Elden Ring also since the new patches have come out. 

Below is the crash logs from event viewer.

Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 2.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x6661ae30

Faulting module name: eldenring.exe, version: 2.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x6661ae30

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000011af53a

Faulting process id: 0x0x28B0

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAC83444791CF5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe

Report Id: 03ee2528-6a0a-404b-9026-64a09f14218e

I am at wits end on this one, I can only imagine this is an issue with AMD's drivers at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction..

5 Replies
radu1006
Elite

If you really read the forums, then maybe you already saw that people are complaining about the driver timeouts on all 2024 gpu driver releases.

Just install 23.12.1 after uninstalling with DDU.

Yes I have seen a few posts from others with the same issue. Wanted to make sure I’m not crazy and that it’s not something I’m doing wrong. Maybe I’ll give this a shot since nothing else seems to work. Very frustrating that I haven’t been able to enjoy my computer since building it over a month ago. Definitely will never recommend AMD to anyone. 

0 Likes

I appreciate the reply but that’s one of the first things I’ve tried and it is written in my original post. 

0 Likes

The 0xc0000005 error in Elden Ring can be caused by various issues, such as corrupted game files, GPU driver problems, antivirus conflicts, or system memory issues.

Start with the easiest: Verify file integrity for the game in steam, disable antivirus and then go to memory (remove 1 module and check the game) to see if there is any faulty RAM module.

0 Likes
visario
Adept I

Solution? Only one - buy green video card. Something that have "RTX" on name not "RX". Space marine 2 came out 09.09.2024, friends of mine finished coop, reach max 25 lvl on PvP and finished PvE fully upgraded their characters. So it doesnt matter right now will AMD fix space marine 2 for me or not, there is no friends left to play with me PvE coz they finished the game to 100% Two weeks is more than enought for that goal. And iam far behind from them in terms of game progression. Coz a cant play...
There is only one iconic coop multiplayer game for me incoming in 2025. That i need stable performance with no issue coz all my full party will plays non stop from the start. Monster hunter Wilds is name of it. So there is no much time left, i belive game will come out something around spring 2025. And i cant allow myself to face same problems that i have with SM 2. And after Space marine 2 issue with my RX 7900 XTX i focused on incoming RTX 5080. That all if u want to play and not suffer - DONT BUY AMD CARD.

You can rebrand yourself whatever you pleased. Replace ATI for AMD. Rename Catalyst to Adrenaline but itself it doesnt matter. ITS still ATI RADEON with catalyst driver from 2000, that had many driver issue and lack of Technology that NVIDIA have.
World fist Chiplet videocard? Seems its not so stable on first generation.
I played vidiogames on PC since 1999, and only two times i got ATI videocard on my PC. On 2010 i got HD 5850 and in 2024 i have RX 7900 XTX and for sure that my LAST AMD/ATI videocard.
Good luck with RDNA 4 AMD i hope you will survive. Coz monopoly is not good for customer. But you know, my Asrock Taichi RX 7900 XTX cost me same price that RTX 4080 Super
1000 euro for this? No its not worth it.